First snowboarding of the season

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
Kuikentje
Longlasting Laner

First snowboarding of the season

Post by Kuikentje »

Well, I'm off work today and have treated myself to a private snowboarding lesson at the Chill Factore in Manchester (1/3 off the price if you are a member). I haven't had a proper lesson since last year, although I did have a little go on the local 'mountain' earlier on this year.
Like anything else you need to keep practising. The nearest place is the dry slope at Runcorn, but it's completely different on real snow and I want to be competent enough to do it for real by this winter coming.

The worst thing is the horrible, horrible drive to Manchester, so I've booked it for midday which gives me time to avoid the 'rush' (i.e, 'crawl') hour. Even so I will have to go really early in case of delays. Still, it should be worth it.
Life's too short to quarrel
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Re: First snowboarding of the season

Post by Totally Scrambled »

Have fun.
Snowboarding's not something that has appealed to me, far too much sitting on your bum for my liking :-D and they're not much fun if you come across a flatish bit at low speed.
Snowboarders are OK except for the teenage ones who come up behind you and do heavy braking sounding like a jet landing. I did body check a few teenage French ones a few years back who were cutting people up and came far too close to my kids )t'
Dom
Ali Woks My World
Kuikentje
Longlasting Laner

Re: First snowboarding of the season

Post by Kuikentje »

Ah! You're clearly not into the Dark Side!
Life's too short to quarrel