Kyla's Diary

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
k66yla
Lively Laner

Kyla's Diary

Post by k66yla »

Its been a while since I've been here. Happy to say that today I went and got 4 hens )t'
I lost my 3 girls on the 1st December last year to Mr Fox {mr.angry} and basically my life went downhill from that day, my dad also got hit by a car that day and died 2 weeks later.

Anyway now I'm starting to pick up the pieces again and the garden has felt so empty with the girls not running around the garden getting into mischief. One of the guys at work insisted in giving me the money to get some more.

I refurbed the house a couple of months ago, gave it a coat of paint and an onduline roof, so everything has been good to go for a while.

Meet the girls.........
and one kindly left us this as soon as she moved in

Kuikentje
Longlasting Laner

Re: Kyla's Diary

Post by Kuikentje »

Hi Kyla, I'm new so we haven't met, I'm sorry to hear all that sad news.

Looks like it's time for a new start and I will look forward to seeing what your girls get up to.
Life's too short to quarrel
julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

Sorry you've had such a miserable time - glad to see you're starting up with the chickens again )t'
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."
k66yla
Lively Laner

Post by k66yla »

It looks like the girls have settled in overnight, they took themselves off to bed ok apart from the Suffolk Blacktail who insisted on sitting at the top of the ramp. I suspect she was being picked on by the grey one as there was a bit of a racket.

I've found the trouble maker out of the bunch:

Lets be friends

Arn't I clever

Look at me, I'll make you laugh

and I'm off under the wire

That problem has now been solved so she won't be doing that again!
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

You look like you've got your hands full there! Looks like she will keep you on your toes, which after all is their job isn't it? :-D

They are beautiful girls, and I'm sure will bring you many hours of happiness and naughtiness! I look forward to reading all about it. Have they got names yet?
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
k66yla
Lively Laner

Post by k66yla »

I have'nt named them yet. I went down the curry route with my last 3, Korma, Tikka & Masala. This time I'm thinking of maybe the Good Life.....Tom, Barbara, Jerry & Margo, as Jerry can be a female name albeit with a G.....not sure what female name shortens to Tom though but that does'nt really matter as they will answer to anything when you have treats...lol
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

not sure what female name shortens to Tom

Thomasina! :-D

And apparently, according to Wikipedia, Tamsin >shrug<

My mistake - Tamsin is the female version of Tom...
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Hi Kyla just want to say its lovely to have you back and your girls are beautiful {hug} {hug} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
k66yla
Lively Laner

Post by k66yla »

Thanks for the welcome back all :-)

The white one decided to try and escape again, went to check on them all just before their bedtime to discover she had wedged herself in between the house and the run. No idea how long she had been there but does'nt seem any worse for her ordeal. It was only a gap of a couple of inches, so yet another modification completed! Wonder what she will get up to tomorrow :?
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hi Kyla )wav( So glad you have got some girlies again. Love your pictures, your white girl reminds my of my late Elsie when she was young, same breed too. As she is such an explorer maybe she could be Dora?
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/