Formula One

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: Formula One

Post by sandy »

Hello Hazel )wav( bet you were happy with the Monaco GP? I love it cause I can picture myself on the wall at Mirabo and in the cafe de Paris, which is surprisingly not that expensive. Did enjoy yesterdays GP much more than I think Jenson did
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
HazellB
Longlasting Laner

Post by HazellB »

Happy wasn't the word :-D

While you're seeing yourself in Monaco, I'd rather be in Canada. It's my joint favourite race with the Italian. This year's result may have been a bit predictable, but the race itself was superb. )t'

Sadly, Silverstone is my least favourite, so the next one will be half watched at best.
Anyone here been to Silverstone? It's filthy, the toilets always stink in the pits and behind the grandstands and there isn't a decent viewing place for 'normal' people anywhere on the circuit. Even the grandstands offer only short stretches of track to look at. Brands Hatch and Oulton Park are each a thousand times better but they just can't house the GP.
@Sheldonatsov
My horrible dog's a Twit(ter)
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

I have never had the chance to go to Silverstone though my cousin had a ticket as a christmas present and he isnt a follower of F1 >coc< Maybe I now will stop trying to weedle it away from him. Got to say I bored everyone to death in Monaco talking racing , they go this way, Alonso crashed into the wall there etc {rofwl}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

HazellB
Longlasting Laner

Post by HazellB »

I take it all back - the Silverstone race was SUPERB )t'

My only real problem was that on Thursday Jorge Lorenzo from MOTOGP (the bike version of Grand Prix) broke his collarbone. On Friday he had it plated together, then on Saturday he raced to a great 4th from last on the grid. I expect they gave him sunday off {rofwl}
On sunday Lewis Hamilton had a puncture and whined like a child about it. I expect they had given him Monday off to get over the trauma. {cry}

GP drivers are starting to look like absolute prima donnas at times.
@Sheldonatsov
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

LOved it )t' Be interesting tomorrow to see if any of the drivers do walk as they have threatened if tyre issues. Know you wont agree Hazel but would have been nice for Webber to have won

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hazell, Benny did you enjoy the German GP? Another actually race again

HazellB
Longlasting Laner

Post by HazellB »

sandy wrote: Know you wont agree Hazel but would have been nice for Webber to have won

To be fair, I wouldn't begrudge Webber a few wins. He's always seemed a bit boring to me (style-wise) but he's going to be missed all the same. )t'

Germany was good. I like the Nerburgring and have always assumed it would be the first place I'd head on a driving holiday, especially in a daft vehicle like any of the old Land Rovers that have graced my life over the years. That way I'd have an excuse for being rubbish {rofwl}
@Sheldonatsov
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Had been out visiting old duckie friends, got in exhausted and fancied some light tv so was watching You've been framed then realised it was 6.00pm and the hi lights had been on for an hour }hairout{ Caught the last 15 minutes, I really HATE hi lights. But what an interesting and maybe rather silly comment from Vettel about Alonso! Very interesting if they do end up being team mates next year

HazellB
Longlasting Laner

Post by HazellB »

Kimi'll be at Red Bull. Alonso hasn't got the bottle to climb in the same car as Vettel and take a pay cut to do it )w(

You missed nothing to be honest. I almost fell asleep watching it later (we record) and didn't even bother with the interviews and stuff at the end.
@Sheldonatsov
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

So it will be Daniel at Red Bull? Did you see todays race? A good one but some strange decisions on drive through penalites. I love live races and yeeha we have Monza live to look forward to

Kernow

Post by Kernow »

Missed the GP busy watching the all Ireland GAA semi finals - Mayo won both the junior and senior. so if this continues Mayo will be bouncing )t'
HazellB
Longlasting Laner

Post by HazellB »

sandy wrote:So it will be Daniel at Red Bull?

Have to say that's surprised me. I fully expect Kimi turned it down rather than Riciardo being first choice. I hope Kimi stays with Lotus now. It's his best option and he clearly likes the car.

Monza .... I can't wait! )c(
@Sheldonatsov
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

I bet you are right Hazell now I have to wangle getting the house to myself sunday

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

OMG I shall be hoping our coach gets to our German hotel on sunday in time for the gp! Did enjoy yesterdays even if not to exciting

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

So Kimi is going back to Ferrari! Wonder where Massa will end up?