Patchwork Fetish!

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
Clucky Carol
Lively Laner

Patchwork Fetish!

Post by Clucky Carol »

Does anyone have any spare cotton suitable for patchwork, would be very happy to swop for something? Thanks everyone x
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Re: Patchwork Fetish!

Post by Totally Scrambled »

If you're making a quilt you'll need quite a bit. Ali goes through miles of the stuff when she makes a quilt.
Dom
Ali Woks My World
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I am doing a patchwork project at the moment, planning on making a throw for the bed with it rather than a quilt. I got some of my fabric from a car boot sale, someone selling clothing for 20p per item. Men's shirts are quite good, plenty of fabric in them. Or pillow cases, or dresses. We have an Age UK which has just turned into a Charity Pound Shop. I got a huge kingsize duvet cover for £1. Ask around your friends for old cotton clothes.
Ilona
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Sorry Ilona, I saw your one and decided to have a go as well as it inspired me, doing it by hand as well and after using up some material I had bought while staying with daughter am now hunting charity shops for pillowcases etc. Our charity shops don`t do cheap round here.
Clucky Carol
Lively Laner

Post by Clucky Carol »

Hi Ilona and Mrs Boodles,
Thank you for the responses, I hadn't thought of using men's shirts, but we have the same problem with charity shops, although I do need to go and have a good root around I think. Love the idea of a throw, do you have any pics anywhere, I love looking at what others have done. Thanks again.
Carol
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Clucky Carol wrote:Hi Ilona and Mrs Boodles,
Thank you for the responses, I hadn't thought of using men's shirts, but we have the same problem with charity shops, although I do need to go and have a good root around I think. Love the idea of a throw, do you have any pics anywhere, I love looking at what others have done. Thanks again.
Carol

Hi Carol.
There's a picture of it here, it's a bit bigger now. http://meanqueen-lifeaftermoney.blogspo ... posit.html I don't need a quilt so I thought I would back it and maybe sandwich a flannelette sheet in between. Then it won't be so bulky and will fit in the washing machine.
Ilona