Back pain again

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Back pain again

Post by albertajune »

I do suffer with arthritis in my lower spine and usually know how to manage it. However, I don't know what I did yesterday but am having really bad pain in the back. I cleaned out the chickens, fuffed around in doors and sat down to breakfast. When I got up from the table it hit me. The pain goes from the back over the bum cheeks and round to the groin. I am doing various things to help the pain, like heat and pain killers but am fed up with sitting about. I couldn't even go shopping today.
I'm now going to settle down with an electric heat pad and have a read of the papers I have to learn to shut my eyes to what needs doing around the house and fingers crossed it helps.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Panteg Produce
Legendary Laner

Re: Back pain again

Post by Panteg Produce »

Hope it's better soon.

{hug}
Live a simple life and be happy , Rich.
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

June i sympathise with you, both me and hubby have athritis in the spine as well as other places and somtimes you dont know wher to put yourself do you, it dosnt matter what you do nothing seems to ease it sometimes {hug}

We have a T.E.N.S. machine, one of those might be worth you trying if you havnt already, again sometimes it works better than others.

I hope you feel better very soon, Love and Healing Thoughts to you {hug} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Linda S wrote:June i sympathise with you, both me and hubby have athritis in the spine as well as other places and somtimes you dont know wher to put yourself do you, it dosnt matter what you do nothing seems to ease it sometimes {hug}

We have a T.E.N.S. machine, one of those might be worth you trying if you havnt already, again sometimes it works better than others.

I hope you feel better very soon, Love and Healing Thoughts to you {hug} Lindaxx

Thanks Linda and yes am feeling a bit better. I will look into a TENS machine as this is a problem that I am always going to have and anything that helps is worth trying. {hug}
Americanlady
Lively Laner

Post by Americanlady »

June, I also have osteoarthritis in my hips and lower back. I found a way that seems to help me when the pain hits hard. At least some of the time. I try to stand up real straight, lifting my arms over my head, stretch real hard and at the same time lean from side to side slowly. If I'm lucky, it seems to loosen up and hurt less. Good luck to you.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Americanlady wrote:June, I also have osteoarthritis in my hips and lower back. I found a way that seems to help me when the pain hits hard. At least some of the time. I try to stand up real straight, lifting my arms over my head, stretch real hard and at the same time lean from side to side slowly. If I'm lucky, it seems to loosen up and hurt less. Good luck to you.

A good tip to try. If mine is really bad, I find it is relieved by laying on my stomach on the floor. Not a good idea if not at home of course. {rofwl}
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Oh poor you June, you have my sympathies back pain is horrible {cry}

Glad it's a little bit better and hopefully by now you're okay.

I find alternating heat and cold helps mine, along with pain relief tablets and gel as well.

Just make sure your skin has returned to it's normal temperature before alternating - I made that mistake once, got in a hot bath after icing and burn't my skin :oops:

I'd avoid lying on your front if you can, as that will put extra strain on your lower back.

Big {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Benny&Co wrote:

I'd avoid lying on your front if you can, as that will put extra strain on your lower back.

Big {hug}

I didn't know that Bev, but when bad, I can't even lay on my back in bed. For some reason laying on the front and stretching out helps. At the time, when in pain, I'm afraid I do the only thing that gives me relief, but may be doing myself more harm.
I think that the cushion has gone between the vertebrae so even standing is painful as the nerve gets pinched and sciatica kicks in.
Old age }hairout{ }hairout{
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Hope your back eases soon June. Just put in my DTL Daily post that OH's back is troubling him more than normal today. He uses a TNS machine when it bites really hard. His GP told him years ago, that the best thing for back pain was to wallpaper a room!
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Yes June, my physio recommended not to lie on my back with my injury {cry}

When it was really bad, I would lie on my side, knees bent, with pillow between knees.

After being pain free since March, this last two weeks have really taken their toll on me {cry} in agony again {cry}

Hope MrSpreckly can get comfortable too. I've had something called interferential treatment on my back, which is similar to TENS and it really helped me.
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.