Campervan Sharing

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
aolivant
Learner Laner

Campervan Sharing

Post by aolivant »

I'd like to have a campervan. I am on my own and there is no way I would use one 365 days a year. I would like to share one. Does anyone know of such a scheme? There is a similar one for narrowboats for example. If someone could point me in the right direction I'd be very grateful or maybe one needs to be started! .ang.
Maggie1

Re: Campervan Sharing

Post by Maggie1 »

Don't know if this is of any help

http://www.share-a-campervan.co.uk/
rhubarb93
Legendary Laner

Post by rhubarb93 »

A while back I might have thought this a good idea. But having had a full season with our van now, I've realised half the joy of having it is to be able to just up and go when the weather is looking good for a few days.
The spontaneity is priceless.
Also I now understand why van owners are quite proprietorial over their vans - it's like lending out your home!
I bought mine for not a huge amount of money off ebay, as we were complete newbies and not sure if we'd like it. I've shelled out for a few fixes, but it hasn't cost a fortune.
There are some good cheap ones on Gumtree too.
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

its a shame VW Campervans have stopped now as well.
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

Maggie1 wrote:its a shame VW Campervans have stopped now as well.

I saw that, it is only the old style ones that aren't made anymore and it is because they do not meet modern safety standards; they haven't been made in Europe for years but Brazil kept on pumping them out. There are plenty of other styles and makes of camper vans.
Bah Humbug