second lens clouding

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
albertajune
Legendary Laner

second lens clouding

Post by albertajune »

A couple of yrs ago I had cataract surgery which also entailed replacing the eye lens with artificial ones. Wonderful! However, in June on of the lens needed replacing because it was thickening. Been to the hospital this morning to be told that the other one is going the same. Good news is that the work will hopefully be done before Christmas.

When I had the one done in June, I developed a lovely big herpes blister and sore a couple of days after, so to the bemusement of the consultant, I cleaned the equipment that my chin was going onto before I put it there. He was fine about me doing it but I am surprised that it isn't done automatically after each patient. He did say that some people wear makeup so could leave a residue behind :? I just thought of all those whiskers and spots.

Well as my pupils are still fully dilated and I am having to repeatedly type this, I will have a lazy afternoon.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Re: second lens clouding

Post by Linda S »

Hope you get sorted out soon June, please let us know when you get your date will you {hug} Love and Healing thoughts to you {hug} {hug} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Wishing you all the best with your second lens June.

I've worked in opthamlology and if the slit lamp doesn't have disposable papers on the chin/head rest, it should be cleaned after each patient. Doctors *frowns* {warn}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

When I went to see the consultant, he said the lens is thickening and that he will do it before Christmas.
My GP phoned me last week to say that because I can actually see quite well it won't now be done and for her to send the consultant my latest opticians report.
Went to see the optician last Thursday who said that my vision is good but because the lens is quite thick, she is surprised that I can see as I do. As I said, I haven't said I am blind, just my vision very blurred and occasional double vision. Almost the same effect as if Vaseline has been smeared onto your spectacles. You can see through it but with great discomfort.
The verdict from her is that it may be my Flecainde, a heart drug that is causing it as it does say on the side effects leaflet that more than 1 in 10 can get this. Heart man says that I am not on a strong enough dose.
Time will tell where I go from here. Apparantly the vision has to be really bad before it will be funded.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

I had a letter from the hospital this morning with an appointment for laser treatment on the 21st Nov. I don't know if I am coming or going but glad it's being done. :?
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Great news you have your treatment date June )t'

Now at least you have something certain instead of wondering when its going to happen

I will be thinking of you and sending as always Love and Healing to you {hug} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you