The BBC - the Bad Back Club!

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Re: The BBC - the Bad Back Club!

Post by jemberelli »

Oh no, blooming backs are a nuisance aren't they? So glad work are being supportive though, hopefully you will end up in a more suitable department AND be pain free!

My physio was a waste of time, nothing changed and so I just keep popping my daily tramadol and having goodish, fairly bad and blooming awful days - can never predict!

Keep us posted on how things go, will be >fi< for you {hug}
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Oh no sorry you're having a rough time too Jembi {cry}

Don't know if you remember, but the NHS physio's I saw were truly awful - they actually made my injury worse and really traumatised me in the process too {cry}

My nice one who I see is fantastic, she knows my back like the back of her hand )t'

Will let you know how I get on.

{hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Sorry your back has flared up again Bev. You and Jemberelli take care.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Thank you Sprekley.

I'm hoping with treatment and the support I'm thankfully getting at work, that I'll get there.

Hope you and MrS are keeping well? {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Hi

Bad backs, so difficult aren't they, hard and risky to do surgery in many cases so it's just physio and other more alternative stuff.

As you know I have a Herniated Disc and went into spasms in May, thought it was the end coming, every move racked me in pain and ended up grasping onto things. Lasted for about 5 days.

Luckily I'm at KentCCC and have one of the very best Sports Physio's around and he helped a lot.

But since then, it's always felt fragile and with Flight and Holiday coming up I've been a bit paranoid about it going to spasms again.

Should it happen whilst away I shall have some left over Tramadols on me and I'm sure in that Country they have some good physio type plans for bad backs.

Wishing you all well though.

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Thanks Richard {hug}

That's what I've got too - disc herniation to a few of my lumbar joints. What happens is that spills out, hits the nerves and all the surrounding muscles go whoooah an go into spasm.

I've been pain free since March (after a year and a half of treatment with Physio and Osteopath).

The new job has really taken it's toll unfortunately.

I would say with your flight to drink plenty of fluids, do your exercises and get up to stretch every hour. Also wear your flight socks as well.

I really hope you don't have a flare up on your holidaybobs.
Bev x

Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Thanks Benny,

I have some of those thrombosis leggings from when I had the shoulder Op.

Sitting down for too long is the worse thing, when I drive to Southampton I have to stop every half an hour with pain in the hip.

I'll be asking for an aisle seat, maybe I'll get an up-grade!! I don't count on it though.

There is an exercise for lower back pain but it's more for blokes because ladies don't have the same anatomy.
That, as I was told to do, is 'suck your b***s up to your stomach'.

Excuse the phrase, but any blokes with back pain on here, it's very good.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Haha, never before have I wished I had b***s but today could well be one of those days - nothing else is working! {rofwl}

Richard, I do feel for you, spending all that time in a plane but at least, as you say, asking for an aisle seat should help so that you can get up & bend/stretch a bit and suck 'em up!

Bev, hope things aren't too grim today {hug}
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Richard wrote:Thanks Benny,

I have some of those thrombosis leggings from when I had the shoulder Op.

Sitting down for too long is the worse thing, when I drive to Southampton I have to stop every half an hour with pain in the hip.

I'll be asking for an aisle seat, maybe I'll get an up-grade!! I don't count on it though.

There is an exercise for lower back pain but it's more for blokes because ladies don't have the same anatomy.
That, as I was told to do, is 'suck your b***s up to your stomach'.

Excuse the phrase, but any blokes with back pain on here, it's very good.

Richard

{rofwl} Richard {rofwl}

I know the pain that radiates to your hip/pelvis/legs, rotten isn't it {cry}

That'd be ace if you got an upgrade.
Bev x

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Jemberelli wrote:Haha, never before have I wished I had b***s but today could well be one of those days - nothing else is working! {rofwl}

Richard, I do feel for you, spending all that time in a plane but at least, as you say, asking for an aisle seat should help so that you can get up & bend/stretch a bit and suck 'em up!

Bev, hope things aren't too grim today {hug}

Thanks Jembi {hug}

I did a morning at work yesterday (I've been seconded to NICU :-D ) and my back was sore and burning afterwards.

Got more physio on Tuesday.

How are you doing? {hug}
Bev x

Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Bev and Jemberelli - all the best for youor backs. They are an absolute bind, aren't they. OH and I both have problems, but with massive care, we have managed to keep out of bed rest for a few years.

We are OK, thanks Bev. So good to see you posting again. {hug}

One of my daughters in law, nurses on cardiology. Her problems started when she was accidentally run over as a youngster. Two hip replacements later, and years on pain killers, she is still managing to nurse, but spends a huge amount of time asleep in bed (or partying). However, last Friday, she had three cortisone injections, two in her spine, and one in her sacroiliac joint (according to my son). So far, so good, and I am hoping that the treatment lasts for a while.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Gosh, that sounds awful Spreckly! Glad that you and hubby are keeping well though. My back is terrible at the moment what with packing up the house and lugging stuff around. The next 3 days will be dreadful but come Sunday I will be able to relax a bit until the next weekend's (hopefully) final move!
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Spreckly wrote:Bev and Jemberelli - all the best for youor backs. They are an absolute bind, aren't they. OH and I both have problems, but with massive care, we have managed to keep out of bed rest for a few years.

We are OK, thanks Bev. So good to see you posting again. {hug}

One of my daughters in law, nurses on cardiology. Her problems started when she was accidentally run over as a youngster. Two hip replacements later, and years on pain killers, she is still managing to nurse, but spends a huge amount of time asleep in bed (or partying). However, last Friday, she had three cortisone injections, two in her spine, and one in her sacroiliac joint (according to my son). So far, so good, and I am hoping that the treatment lasts for a while.

Your poor DIL Spreckley, hope she got some relief from the injections. Glad to hear you're both keeping okay {hug}
Bev x

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Jemberelli wrote:Gosh, that sounds awful Spreckly! Glad that you and hubby are keeping well though. My back is terrible at the moment what with packing up the house and lugging stuff around. The next 3 days will be dreadful but come Sunday I will be able to relax a bit until the next weekend's (hopefully) final move!

Oh Jembi, poor you, I couldn't think of anything worse than moving house whilst your back is bad {cry}

Hope everything went well for you and you're feeling a bit better {hug}
Bev x

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

I'm struggling at the mo {cry}
Bev x