More cockerels everybody groan!

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
animartco
Lively Laner

More cockerels everybody groan!

Post by animartco »

Yes but I do get rid of most of them. They go to feed the wolves at wildwood. However I am really really hoping to offload a couple of my favourites? These are the pick of the bunch, hand reared huggable and stunningly handsome. Two or three boys just on their own will make super pets. There is a variation in size and some will run with the large rescue hens and give them a real thrill! Hens do really love to have a cockerel with them, although they pretend to play 'hard to get' It's nice to have a boy there with them that makes your guests go Oooh' and AAH' as well as the hens.
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Re: More cockerels everybody groan!

Post by Totally Scrambled »

Can't offer a home to them as we have enough of our own.
We too supply Wildwood with our excess boys as it seems to at least help with conservation so isn't a waste )t' )t'
Dom
Ali Woks My World
gul123
Learner Laner

Post by gul123 »

Can't offer a home to them as we have enough of our own.
We too supply Wildwood with our excess boys as it seems to at least help with conservation so isn't a waste
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Post by Totally Scrambled »

Seen & noted )t'
Dom
Ali Woks My World
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

)t' On the ball this fine morning Mr Dom!
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
animartco
Lively Laner

Black cockerel white hen Canterbury. £10the pair

Post by animartco »

Update to cockerels. I have one cockerel and one almost matching hen. They are a new experimental breed that lay well, though smallish eggs, and are very hardy. They have very long feathered legs. The cockerel is a lovely glossy black and the hen is white, but they breed 50%blue chicks, which could continue to breed blue. Sadly their two lovely little blue chicks this year were taken by something.