Question for anyone who's done the SW diet

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Question for anyone who's done the SW diet

Post by Freeranger »

Can anyone who's done the SW diet please tell me whether everyone goes onto the same eating plan, or is it tailored in any way to the individual person?
davina112
Legendary Laner

Re: Question for anyone who's done the SW diet

Post by davina112 »

I do SW, it suits me really well.
The basic plan is either red days with lots of meat or green days with lots of starchy food, potatoe, pasta rice etc. the newer plan (well newer compared to years ago when I did SW) is called extra easy which is what I would described as normal healthy eating, so every meal has to include 1 third of your plate of super free foods, which are vegetables and fruit, with the other 2 thirds made up of protein and carbohydrate. So for example the old fashioned meat and 2 veg meal is fine, so long as no fat is added to the meat or potato.
So it isn't tailored specifically, but there us a choice of 3 plans.
Probably not the best explanation, but you get the gist, I hope )t'
[center][/center]Davina
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Thanks, Davina - do you alternate red, green, red - or can you chose all greens or all reds, or even mix and match depending on how you feel?
manda

Post by manda »

The old version of SW (the red and green days) is what I'm doing currently Free...just on my own as NZ doesn't have SW out here and the online thingy to be honest probably wouldn't be a huge benefit to me (could be wrong) and is also quite expensive ...well compared to free anyway )grin2(

You pick a day and then you need to stick to that through the day ...but you can change the next ...do all green, all red or whatever combo you want....as long as you stick to that day all day.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Thanks, both. I keep trying but haven't found anything that both OH and I will stick to. All of them have been fine for a while and worked while we were doing them, but we both have got gradually heavier and now have a lot to get rid of and I think the problem as much as anything is having to stick to a diet for such a long time. This does sound like something we could manage, and even combine with others.
davina112
Legendary Laner

Post by davina112 »

Free ranger, my hubby eats the same as me at the mealtimes we eat together and doesn't have any complaints. I only do the extra easy plan though, not sure he would be happy with the red or green days.
[center][/center]Davina
manda

Post by manda »

I suppose it depends.....we all eat the same but I usually decide what sort of day it is dependent on whether it's a meat I really like )grin2( ...if we have a roast I make it a red day and weigh the potatoes (if I even bother with them....but if it's a green day then I just weigh the meat...so I can eat the same.

The only thing now is I don't eat much of anymore is creamy pasta sauces so I'll make that for the others but do a tomato base for me or have something like a baked potato....or have less and syn it....or just eat it and then get back onto being really good for the rest of the week.....I try every now and again to have a meal I really like so I don't get bogged down with healthy eating the whole time....I never stick to it if I feel like i'm on a diet but if I can have something that's not healthy every now and again that's all good.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny