Bed, Breakfast and Evening Mealworms

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Re: Bed, Breakfast and Evening Mealworms

Post by KarenE »

Hi Linda

I'm so glad that the girls are settling down. I'm sure they and you will miss Faith for a long time, but they are resilient survivors as we all must be.

They may be enjoying the peace and quiet now that the naughty baby boys have vacated, and possibly regretting their lost lurvve opportunities (or maybe thanking their lucky stars they missed out on all those unladylike goings on!)

I know what you mean about one small little brown bundle leaving a big hole though {hug}
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Aw Linda. loved your last post. Now you have made me laugh, turning up their fluffly knickers {rofwl} You don't honestly expect them to make any effort to get food do you, that's what monies are for, I am surprised mine dont wait for me to peel their grapes!
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

Glad things are settling back down for them now {hug}

Funny about the millet branch thingy. I got mine one of the hard corn blocks several months ago, and got exactly the same response. No dice Mum, we don't want to work for it, you know! {warn} {rofwl}
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Yes Henpen we got some of those blocks from homme bargains they were lovely shaped like a big leaf and with a pretty red checked ribbon to tie them up and sunflower seeds and all sorts in it )t'
Did they like it hmmph well what do you think, the boys appreciated Mums tasty titbit and the girls did if i could break bits off for them

So when I gave the girls the millet I put 2 lots in the apple trees for the wild birds, and tied the nibble block up too :-D

We used to put bird feeders out and the crafty girls would wait underneath for the seed to be spilt out by the spoggies and such.
In the end we stopped putting it out because the girls have stuff scattered and we find that non is left or wasted because they pick up what the girls miss )t'

Anyhow today we noticed them milling round under the trees and waiting for a tiny little bird to come to feed from the same things as those naughty girls ignore when they have to work for the food themselves
Those crafty madams swooped on those seeds like they were the best things they could get their beaks on, they wont be beat when it comes to stuffing their faces wont our gorgeous girls {hug} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Yesterday hubby went fishing so I got the girls to myself for some girlie time, so I sat with my mug of coffee watching our chicken world go by.
We were having a lovely chat when I noticed Blondie sloping off with Bruce one of our cats, he spends most of his time with the girls like Rosie, his sister used to. :-D

Anyhow Blondie was giving Bruce a beakful and he was listening intently to her and then he ran off and fetched his brother Spike.
Now Spikey Diddles as we call him prefers to lounge in the house usually on my computer seat, and if he goes to the chicks he's always on the roof or fence or up the tree keeping his feet dry.

So I was very suprised to see him under the apple tree instead of up it, having a long conversation with Blondie.
When Spike was a kitten he showed a very strong interest in the pc, even sleeping on the tower whilst I was on it.
He would tap the keyboard with his tiny paws he was so cute and clever, and he still likes come on dtl with me and helps me type {hug}

Thank goodness my girls cant get to the house or he would be showing them how to get onto Gwens diary, but then again Spike thinks its his computer so probably not, I think im safe from the revolution :-D

Oh there is something I forgot to tell you about Spike although he keeps them hidden we are sure that he has got ..................................................................

THUMBS yike* yike*
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Whoa Blondie sounds a right little flirt with the 'boys from the block'! I think you may need to take a look at Spike's secret forum, I bet he is hatching a plan with fellow felines after catching the cravendale advert {rofwl}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

That sounds very ominous Linda. A cat with thumbs is VERY worrying! Imagine what they wouldn't do...

Jog on kitties!

Sounds like you have a Plot Hatching in your garden. A worrying cross-species co-operation for probably very dubious purposes.

Imagine what chicken-to-cat Chinese whispers would end up like. {rofwl}
Karen
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Oh dear do you think I might have encouraged and indulged him too much, hes rolling round the floor now looking so cute and innocent {hug}

Have I created a monster, no no surely not my little .ang. Spikey Diddles he wouldn't plot

Would he :?
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Rolling around on the floor looking cute is a sure sign of guilt +f+
Karen
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Linda whats been going on with your girlies, really miss your updates

aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

I too miss you linda I have tried to call you lots of times hope you are ok xxxx {hug}
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Hi everyone just want to let you know that the girls are very well and happy :-D

Our ppoor Sorrel was very misserable when shhe went through a bad moult in jan the poor love was nearly as bald aas when she came from the cages.
Sorrel and Sasha heve been free for eighteen months now and are still laying quite regularly and some of their offerings make my eyes wafer never mind .theirs.
It was very strange seeing Sorrel avioding being near her sisters especially at mealworm treat time she also ran away from us shreiking if we tried to touch her
SHe doset like being picked up anyway but we think her avoidNce of being near any of us was because she was tender and possiby sore due to her quills coming through anyhow shes bsck to normal now thank goodness :-D
Sorry about the mistakes but im on my phone and its so tiny hopfully getting a laptop soon soi should be ok then >fi< and I will be able to catch up properly {hug} lindaxx
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Linda so glad to hear your quartet are all well )t' Was worrying what had happened to you

HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

)wav( Hello Linda - lovely to see you back Down the Lane. Glad your girlies are all well and happy
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

So glad to hear the girls are doing well Linda and they're through their moults. It really does take it out of them. 18 months out is brilliant, and still laying as well - busy little girls!
Karen