Time to top up the wood store.

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
silverback
Legendary Laner

Time to top up the wood store.

Post by silverback »

Went down to the shooting ground today, to top up the wood pile, today was the perfect day to do it, plenty of sunshine, but cool )t'

The old empty wood store!.

The members pavilion!, wood stove inside, kitchen, couple of settees, the outside veranda with garden chairs, what more can a man want! )t'

My son Paul (with the flat cap), and Ricky the shoot owner.

A third of the way there.

The finished article from a half days labor, a pile of Hornbeam, always enjoy log splitting with a splitting axe, gets the blood flowing, and at £80 a load! )t'
I am old and wise, because I was young and stupid!.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Re: Time to top up the wood store.

Post by Richard »

Way to go Silverback !!

It always surprises me how much can be achieved in a day.

Richard )t' )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
HazellB
Longlasting Laner

Post by HazellB »

We got home to find a fallen cherry tree outside our house the other day, so ten minutes with the chainsaw has given me ten days of sweet smelling firewood for Christmas 2014 )t'

It's a wonderful world when you get a warm house cheap!
@Sheldonatsov
My horrible dog's a Twit(ter)
bmpsands
Legendary Laner

Post by bmpsands »

On one of the dog walks today I came across an area with lots of fallen branches. Some of them are thin enough that I'll be able to break them up. Next time I go, I shall be taking my rucksack.
Bea; 19 hens (most of whom I intended to get); 6 bantams (which I never intended to have); old Benji dog and young Toby dog (who I definitely wanted). Three years into country living and loving it.