Formula One

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: Formula One

Post by sandy »

I enjoyed the race in as much as you can on hi-lights! Its so bizarre even Perez has no idea if he will still be in F1 next year? Never known a season like it.
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
HazellB
Longlasting Laner

Post by HazellB »

Think we've seen the tide turn on talent, it's drivers with high sponsorship that get work in everything but the biggest teams these days. Shame, as nobody special can now come along and beat Vettel.

Good race, much enjoyed by us.
@Sheldonatsov
My horrible dog's a Twit(ter)
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

What a great race to end the season )t' Now what do you think? I don't think Lewis deserved the penalty, yes he moved very close but it wasn't like there was a wall to endanger Bottas. Maybe Jenson would have been on the podium if it had rained? I would have liked an interview with Massa afterwards, I have never been a big fan of Mark Webber but must admit I did shed a little tear at his emotions. Still confused Sutil is staying and Di Resta going, oh well like Suzy said only 111 days to go, though think I will catch the race again tomorrow as had company chatting all the way through it who hate racing
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Hi

They've all got to up their game somewhat. With Vettel the age he is there's a fear it'll be complete domination for the next 10 years !!

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

So you reckon another Schumacker domination? You are so right , the teams need to up their game with a racing race car that the drivers can stand a chance in

HazellB
Longlasting Laner

Post by HazellB »

Well, with totally new cars and rules, it's at least a more level playing field next season. They've all had to start from scratch.

Next year's cars will take a very, very high skill level to hold on the track in most corners. It's like the difference between taking a Corsa driver and sticking him in a Range Rover for a lap of Oulton Park - he'd not make the first half of the circuit if he drove without thinking first!

Vettel's still got to be favourite at this stage though - he's brilliant whichever way you look at it. Boring to watch, but brilliant.
@Sheldonatsov
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Only 2 weeks to go )t'

HazellB
Longlasting Laner

Post by HazellB »

Have you seen the betting? Last time I looked it was 5/2 Hamilton and 11/4 Vettel, so the bookies have no idea who's where in testing.

So long as it's not boring we don't mind who wins at the moment - though by mid-season I'll be screaming at the TV for one or another driver :-D
@Sheldonatsov
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

I too hope it wont be boring with all the changes! At the moment I am blissfully unaware of boring races so I am excited with anticipation :-D

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hmmm so strange, the cars nearly as quiet as road cars. Never like highlights much but enjoyed this, looks like a good open season hopefully

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hi Hazell, I bet you are pleased. Unbelievably last sunday was the first race I have seen in whole.

HazellB
Longlasting Laner

Post by HazellB »

sandy wrote:Hi Hazell, I bet you are pleased. Unbelievably last sunday was the first race I have seen in whole.

Pleased? Let us just say I'm grinning like a tanked up Cheshire cat every other sunday at the moment :-D

To be fair, you've missed nothing much. I like the quieter cars and so on, yet somehow the sparkle's dimmed a bit overall.
Anyway, Hamilton's going to end up winning, so I'm enjoying Rosberg's lead while it lasts. On a side note, I got two white Leghorns and named them Kimi and Nico after the blond drivers. Nico is tiny but pops out huge eggs on the weeks he's won so far. So, if I get chance, will be having a bet next time she produces a whopper!
@Sheldonatsov
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hi Hazell, a few years back I almost called my my two girls Kimi and Mika! I have to say I am looking forward to next sunday, hopefully nothing is going to stop me from a few hours of uninterrupted racing.

HazellB
Longlasting Laner

Post by HazellB »

I wish you luck enjoying it in peace. It's my least favourite race of the season as Silverstone's a total dump if you're there.

I'll still be watching though {rofwl}
@Sheldonatsov
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

My goodness, the 'race' nearly went on as long as the tennis(was being watched in another room) it was such a shame about that gearbox but it was lovely to have a British winner, loved Lewis chanting Engerland :-D The start of the race reminded me of when Jaques Lafitte broke his ankles at the start and the race was delayed for ages, this was before mobile phones and my friend rang me at home to find out what was going on as they were not being informed at the actual racetrack!