Stress echocardiogram

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Stress echocardiogram

Post by albertajune »

This morning I had an echocardiogram.(think that is spelled correctly). The heart consultant is trying to find out why I have such long irregular atrial fibrillation episode rather than daily palpitations, so arranged for me have my heart muscle put under stress.
What an unpleasant test to undergo. A normal echocardiogram is done first to see how the heart is performing and then an injection is given into a vein to raise the heart rate. I have never felt my heart pump so fast or loudly, or felt so uncomfortable with it. It has to reach to a certain degree of stress before the needle with the drug is taken out.
I'm glad to say that all was well with my muscle, so I am guessing that the problem is with the electrical impulses.
I don't have a follow up appointment until next Feb, so will ask questions then. I do wonder how the likes of Tony Blaire have a regulator inserted to stop his episodes going on, rather than a lifetime of tablets with their strong side effects. :?
Anyway, haven't had one for a few months so fingers crossed I will go on without an episode this year )t' .
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
wendy

Re: Stress echocardiogram

Post by wendy »

Ouch that doesn't sound nice at all. Still they are getting to the bottom of it. I suppose they cannot be that worried if you don't have to go until February.
Blair and co can pay for it June :? on the NHS you have the cheaper options I am afraid.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

wendy wrote:Ouch that doesn't sound nice at all. Still they are getting to the bottom of it. I suppose they cannot be that worried if you don't have to go until February.
Blair and co can pay for it June :? on the NHS you have the cheaper options I am afraid.

I know that what you say is true Wendy about him paying. I did once nearly get one fitted when my heart wouldn't get back into rhythm, but after being told that I was going to be taken to a ward, it all of a sudden stopped. }hairout{
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Not very nice indeed.

From me........ {hug} {hug}

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome