The Henpals Diary

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Re: My Diary…Gwen (the hen)

Post by KarenE »

Hello gang! Captain Gabby here )wav(

My goodness, there's been a lot going on here while I was away! Well, not away but dad confiscated the ipad thingy when he found us all in the utility room. Apparently we're not allowed in there at all, I can't think why as we only poo a bit in there.

Anyway, we were on reconn, or as Toffee likes to call it, a 'stake out' and quietly discussing our tactics when dad wandered in and nearly tripped over Toffee. She isn't easy to avoid, what with being so MASSIVE. Anyway, long story short - we discovered that the freezer lives in the utility room so is completely accessible, as mum and dad often forget to close the back door and we sneak in. Sometimes Jasper kindly nudges it open for us, so we need to see if we can recruit him to the campaign. He doesn't care for sweetcorn though so he may say no, and dob us in.

Pat - we think you'd like Jasper. He's a very handsome boy, and he likes to leave mum and dad presents too but not rabbits, and sometime only bits of presents like you with your fluffy rabbit tails. Sometimes he brings live ones in for them to practice catching their own dinner, but he says they are right ungrateful when he does this.

Luckily the dispatches about abandoning Plan A came just in time, as Toffee was launching herself at the big wiggly worm. None of us want to be crispy fried chicken - thank goodness to our pals on here for warning us of the danger! Toffee - who is the best educated of my flock, so she says - reckons that D comes after A so we need a Plan D. As Commander Nugget pointed out: 'There's the freezer, goofballs - now we just need to figure out how to open the door!' Nugget says Toffee can have all the education she wants, Nugget has coop-smarts. So opening the freezer door can be Plan D.

Greetings Ginger Spice, and what alarming news about the chicken in the freezer! There'll be no sweetcorn left! We definitely need to learn how to open the freezer, as I can't imagine it would be nice in there. Unless it's like a really posh coop, in which case we should all live in the freezer! Perhaps the chicken in the freezer could open the door from the other side, and we could all eat the sweetcorn before anyone notices it's gone.

Ginger Spice - we liked your song, and can't wait to see your video but what is 'zigaziga'? Is it like mash?

Nugget is still on strike, even though I have pointed out Pat's very wise advice about c.u.l.l. and Gwen's very good point about not getting the egg to eat. In fact, just as I'd finished telling Nugget this, mum came out with one of my eggs scrambled for us. I'm not sure Nugget's actually on strike, I think she's just stopped laying like Wiggy has.

In fact Wiggy, Nugget is rather taken with Ginger Queen of Fruit's advice about a charm offensive, and has spent the last few days running round the garden looking cute with grass in her beak. Today, we all stared in through the kitchen window all day with grass in our beaks. It seemed to work, as mum came and gave us some corn before bed time so Nugget thinks this charm offensive could be a goer, so she asks that you thank Ginger QoFs for us and find out what fruit she'd like in payment. We'll see if a pigeon will drop something off for us.

Gwen, how lovely to see your bald spot finally sprouting! Mine grew very quickly when I came home, but Nugget's bald spot stayed for ages and she's only just finished growing her feathers. She looks lovely, and once the tickly feathers are out you will too.

I do not like the sound of this worming at all. If we have worms, then all mums need to do is give us more treats, so the worms can have some too and then everyone's happy!

Private Toffee says thanks again for helping to save her life, she really didn't want to be crispy chicken strips in barbecue sauce yike*

Signing off for the night

Captain Gabby
Freezer Door Opening Campaign Lead
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Evening Captain Gabby,Private Toffee, Ginger Spice et al
Gwen reporting in )wav(
I am very very confused, I cannot believe your mummies have chickens in the freezer as well as my mum's friends? I know mum dosent have one in our freezer because she is a vegetable >veg5< More worrying is that lots of people have 'turkeys' in their freezers. I didn't know what a turkey was until I has a peak on the phone I have. OMG please make sure your mummies do not have turkeys in your freezers, I saw them on my phone, they are huge and fire lasers out of their eyes yike* What if they lasered you mummies, I mean who would feed you!
Ginger Spice, your mummy must have an enormous freezer! I have seen real pigs, they are called micro but I don't think I understood what micro means because they are big and fat and hairy and they would never get in our freezer. Are you sure THEY are in blankets because the piggie's mummy is the one who wraps a blanket around her when she gets in their sty with them.
Well I have come clean today and asked Iris if we could hold a meeting(I have photos of this but I may get mum to post them later for me as it is so fiddly) I brought up all your suggestions. Martha,Janet,Elsa and runt girl Beth were invited too. They were very very scared when I told them about the c.a.l.l. if we stopped laying our eggs. They have only been at 22A(that's the name of our house don't you know) for nearly 4 months and Janet remembers what it means, she said they were going to be going for a c.a.l.l. as was myself ,Ruby and Georgina but I was so stupid I had forgotten and even more stupid because it was c.u.l.l. yike* That frightened me alot until Deirdre told me not to be silly mum would NEVER EVER do that to us. That was very good news because only one person layed an egg today and it wasn't me!
Iris, Deirdre and Beryl think we are all mad, its alright for them they had never had such adventures as the rest of us. Psycho Olive hasn't had any either but she is up for everything, not sure if she should be in charge of anything though? Ruby is a rough tough girl but really poorly at the moment. she has been picked up and checked mum seems quite happy, mum said don't worry Ruby Rube you will soon feel better you are already sprouting new feathers. I leant her my phone last night and sensibly she went and slept on her own in the laying nest in the office but before she could post anything mum came charging in in the dark panicking because she had only counted 10 girls. Rube has been sleeping in the cottage the last couple of nights but mum picked her up and put her in the cube bedroom. Of course Rube made a lot of noise and then we all started. Luckily I got my phone this morning.
Well mum had company again and I am sure it is sunday but absolutely no potatoes and NO yorkshire puds . Olive thinks we should take action, wormy pellets or not, she proposed a poo in. No one is to poo in the run unless it is in our dishes, water and especially on the cabinets in the office. Martha-Joans reckons we should hold ourselves 30minutes before bedtime so we can really let rip in our bedrooms, this mya be tricky because no one has a clock?
Back to Operation Sweetcorn..Captain any developments from your party? I have asked Iris (and then went onto Deirdre as Iris is a fruitloop) to ask everyone to sleep on any proposed actions you can take tonight.
Hopefully some photos will appear later, Mum will post them with my headings and has promised no peeking at the rest of my diary. Yes it is risky but she know what a good sweet gentle girlie I am +f+
Signing off
Gwen X the hen(007)
xxxxx
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Here are Gwen's photos
Iris rounding up the troops?
=http://s730.photobucket.com/user/sandytoby/media/DSCN2389_zps3c99c743.jpg.html]Image[/URL]
Gwen rounding up the troops???
The meeting(what meeting Gwen?)
Iris, the leader!
Beryl having a snack while we wait
preening while waiting
washing
me having a snack
Olive bored
Janet bored
loaded by sandy on behalf of Gwen
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

Yes that looks just like our meetings. Lots of eating, some bossing, some boredom.
Sorry to hear about the worming and no treat time Gwen. I would share if you were nearer, honest (admittedly I am the only one who would share, and you know our Ginger, well she is full of plans for getting this corn and what have you, but she always nicks the biggest bit of apple for herself and hides in a corner to eat it. I know because I stalk her and steal bits that she drops!).

Glad the charm offensive is working for Nugget. I can never get the grass to stay on the outside of my beak, it tends to go in it, yum!

Ginger Spice - I think if everyone sang that zigaziga song to their mums, they would definitely get anything they want. We will be rehearsing that while mum is at work. Ginger says all the best planners are ginger.
Am I the only non-ginger hen pal? I do have a little bit of ginger on my feathers.

Latest news from me: I have decided not laying is a rubbish idea and have started egging again - every other day cos blue eggs is precious, you don't want to go popping them out left, right and centre or the humans won't appreciate them for the special things they are. This means mum has had several days with five eggs, and she is very impressed with us.

So, inspired by others on DTL, my new plan to get more treats for myself (and the others but really just for myself if I could) is a mini moult. I am now officially a tatty girl and mum was clucking about me needing lots of building up, so it is working... we are getting extra treats! You see, everyone thinks I'm a bit thick but while they are all having meetings and bok bokking, I am coming up with the goods. I'm not as green as I'm cabbage-looking.

Night then, fellow conspirators!
Wiggy
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Hey Wiggy

We are all gingers too in my flock, but we think you are super, and we all LOVE your hair.

And speaking of hair, Gwen X Hen, yours is coming along nicely! You will look super when you are fully feathered. Nugget looks splendid now she has Big Hair!

The charm offensive is working really well, Wiggy please do let Ginger QoFs know. Except Nugget has slightly adapted it and has been poncing round the garden pretending to be ill again (well, okay so she is still suffering from her moult and we think not doing eggs might be making her feel worse too so there's a possibility it might be genuine). Mum has been worried about her and has tried with the grapes and all, but yesterday we had fish in tomato sauce! Even Jasper came and joined us at the trough!

The sardines caused such excitement, we have almost forgotten about the sweetcorn in the freezer!

Today I tried my best to join the We Want Sardines Collective (I really was feeling a bit grotty, I think I have a softie brewing) but non today from mum. Just more bloomin grapes )gr:

Toffee has suggested we join the Poo-In. She would, she produces masses of the stuff. She could fertilise most of the world with her poos. I am worried that if she decides to do the poo-in, me and Nugget will be covered in her MASSIVE poos and probably never be found again. )loo(

Blue eggs Wiggy? They sound brilliant! Ours are all just the normal little brown jobs, but mum seems to like them - she coos all over the place when she finds them. We have started to hide them in special places so she can enjoy it even more when she finds them.

Nugget asked me to tell you that you have coop-smarts too, Wiggy Woo. Just like she does. She thoroughly agrees with the mini-moult idea, in fact she has been dragging hers out now since July and says it's a great way of getting more treats. She heard that some girls do drunken walks and sit down a lot, which really gets mums worried and results in even more lovely treats like sardines, mealworms and cat food to up your energy so she suggests you try some of that.

Gwen X Hen - how is your mum a vegetable? Is she not a human? Or is it a human bean?

I do not like the sound of all these things living in the freezer, especially if they shoot killy rays from their eyes. The more we hear about it, the more we are starting to think that we might leave the sweetcorn in the freezer especially if it is being guarded by killer turkeys and pigs in blankets.

Views from the Secret Intelligence Corps? Shall we abandon Operation Sweetcorn and find a new mission?

Captain Gabby
Liberate The Sardines Campaign (Northamptonshire Branch)
Karen
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

Ginger Spice reporting in - hello everyone )wav( I think Operation Sweetcorn is a bust too but Liberate the Sardines Campaign could be a go-er, maybe, perhaps. However, the Big Poo-In won't work here ... our mam strangely gets excited by our poo and eagerly shovels it up into a bag and tells us what good girls we are - humans are very peculiar creatures.

After a whole day with no treats, we had a meeting last night to discuss this worm food - it most certainly did not taste like those wriggly worms we sometimes have, so we volunteered Posh to make a complaint about the treatment we are getting. It really is unacceptable. This morning we got a bowl of warm soggy worm food for breakfast instead )gr: Our other strategy was to do the zigaziga song and dance at the gate and put our heart and soul into it - they could hear us streets away - but mam didn't even bring us a kernel to fight over {cry}

Then Scary came up with a plan - she would eat all our feathers in front of our mam and scare her into giving us some sardines in tomato sauce. It worked the last time, but the downside is that Scary's beak is bigger than her gizzard and she tends to yank out a lot of feathers in one go, and we also got sprayed with the nasty tasting stuff too which was not much fun. The rest of us decided it was not such a good plan and suggested the mini moult we read about (what is a moult?) but Scary went very quiet and her eyes seemed to have a gleam to them which was ... er, scary >dowhat<

I'd better go and hide on my high rise run now. Ginger Spice signing off >ch<
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello fellow conspirators..Captain Gabby,Wiggy Woo and Ginger Spice )wav(
Ugh I don't know how much I can stand this no treats nonsense, we had a mashed up breakfast this morning, we got all excited but it was just the wormy pellets.We think we know why they are called wormy pellets because everytime we poo there are long white worms in it. This is useless because they are dead. Olive thinks operation poo would be even better now as mum goes 'Yuck' when she picks our poo up but the wise Deirdre pointed out if mum finds lots in our bedrooms she may be so cross we may never get treats yike*
I learnt what a moult was since I came to my new home, all the hens with lots of feathers decide they want to look like batties(me,Ruby and Georgina were called batties when mum got us, honestly nobody calls Iris and Olive batty and they are far stupider than us) so they can be molly coddled.I think this is why Ruby is doing a moult because mum started molly coddling the 4 newbies when they came. I dont know how the feathers come out? I wondered if Olive was doing it because she pecks at anything and everyone.
Wiggy we cannot do the grass in the beak look because we cannot go on grass {cry} mum says if she lets us out foxy will eat us. I know our mums are not allowed to look at our PRIVATE diary but I look at theirs,sshh, is you Miranda upto something?
Gabby you had grapes you lucky so and so, ooh I do hope Nugget will be better soon {hug}
I think you are quite right about Operation Sweetcorn, we have never had sardines but will help in anyway we can. As Beryl says best you don't send us any detailed plans as none of us can read, yet! Maybe Pat can?
I tried to be cute and charming today so sat by mum on 'her bench' and talked to her, this always makes her laugh, apparently I don't bok I sigh? But then her attention was turned away by upstart Elsa who leapt on mums lap and began pecking at her toggles and then sat down gazing at mum with her sweet little face, hmmp!
We all had a chat last night and decided we should all find the best way, that's you girls as well, on how to get the bested christmas pressies from mum.
Good luck everyone with all your missions
love Gwen X the hen (007)
xxxxx

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Hello troops, Captain Gabby here! )wav(

BAD NEWS EVERYONE!! We have been following everyone's horror stories of worming - well, we were until mum confiscated the ipad thingy when she found Nugget watching YouTube videos. She said they were completely unsuitable for a girl of her age, and she might have a point because Nugget has been 'twerking' ever since which isn't all that pleasant as she still has a very mucky bum.

Isn't it odd how everyone's bums go mucky all at the same time?

Anyway, back to the VERY BAD NEWS! Mum has been muttering about all our mucky bums and has decided - I think your mum has encouraged this Gwen X Hen!! - that we all need worming too! yike*

Nugget said that if anything can make it through Toffee's digestive system intact, it deserves to live

So this morning we expected horrible wormy pellets but so far no sign. It can only be a matter of time though {cry} Mum clearly is feeling guilty about the whole situation as we had a very naughty treat today. She came out with tiny bits of bread - yum!! They seemed to have some oil and white powder on them, but bread is bread! We only get bread when dad sneaks out to give it to us without mum knowing, or when she thinks someone isn't eating and needs a boost. I don't know who she thinks isn't eating as we're all scoffing loads lately!

We don't understand moulting at all. Who would want to go back to looking like we all did when we came out of the horrible place? We all think we look gorgeous now that we have all our feathers, but Nugget says she didn't want to go back to being a scruff-bag so why do it? We think that's why she's been so tired, cos she's fighting the moulting. Perhaps its a big monster that comes in the night while we're all asleep and loosens our feathers? Ginger Spice - perhaps Scary is really the Moult Monster??? yike*

The Liberate the Sardines Campaign hit a bit of a hiccup with Nugget and her misuse of the ipad thingy, but we'll be ramping up our efforts and getting back on track with buckets of cuteness and grass in our beaks today. Toffee says that as she is the most well educated of our flock, she'll put her considerable brains to work on how we all get brilliant christmas pressies off our mums. Between us though girls, she's not really that smart and doesn't stand a chance against the SIC!!

Signing off now as I have to go and stop Nugget - she is twerking Jasper and he doesn't look too happy...

Captain Gabby
Liberate the Sardines Campaign Lead
Save Our Worms Campaign Lead
Karen
HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

Well I was going to tell you about all the exciting dry leaves we have got in our run, all full of slugs and caterpillars, but I am afraid that I can't because my mind is boggling about all the twerking >dowhat<

Love Wiggy

{rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl}
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Hi everyone, captain gabby here sneaking out for dispatches...

Nugget is now twerking in her sleep, which is ruining my good night's sleep as she insists on squashing into MY nestbox.

But it has given me a BRILLIANT idea! What if we combined the zigaziga song with twerking??? We would be irresistible and would get brilliant Christmas pressies of all our mums! +f+

Captain Gabby
Liberate the Sardines Campaign
Save Our Worms Campaign
Karen
HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

Hi again,

Well Gwen, you had us all really excited thinking Miranda was plotting, but she says she isn't. She actually said, "Go away, silly head, I haven't got any plans, I just don't like that human putting scary buckets of terrifying leaves in the run". So that's no help at all.

The rest of us love the buckets of leaves and even stroppy Miranda is coming around to the idea now because Mum puts a handful of corn and mealworms down and covers them with leaves so we have lots of fun hunting the treats out.

We have been thinking about the twerking and Miranda says she is far too posh to twerk (although Cupid is definitely up for it).

And we aren't sure if what we really, really want is a zigaziga. What does a zigaziga taste like, actually? Miranda thinks it sounds very frightening indeed so we are thinking that - unless it is the most tasty and ginormous treat ever - what we really, really, really want is a corn on the cob with a skewer put in it like a giant corn lollipop, so it can be stuck in the ground and we can all cluster round and eat together. That is our very favourite thing! Course that takes us back to square one. If we aren't going to raid the freezer, can we go to the shops for them? Or maybe online shopping?

We've never had sardines. Are we missing out a lot? Should we be protesting?

We had very sad news this weekend - our hens-in-law (the chickens belonging to Mum's sister-in-law) and the two ducks have had a very nasty visit from the fox )reap( . They've all gone to rainbow bridge. Very sad :(

So stay safe my friends,
Wiggy
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

Ginger Spice here. Sorry to hear about the in-laws Wiggy, that is sad {cry} I've not seen a fox but we've definitely seen a rat, and it's living in our run. Mam waits until we go to bed then she feeds it peanut butter, sausage and biscuits in a special box )gr: Catering for unwelcome guests while we're deprived of treats is wholly unacceptable.

Well, our worming week torment should have been over but mam decided to extend it for another couple of days. It would seem that after eating the worm food, our egg production has gone up - well of course it has, Scary is so bored she even layed 2 eggs in one day! Not to mention she decided to put her plan into action and started to eat our feathers, yanking them out so that we squawked in pain in front of mam. But it would seem to have worked - last night mam dug up lots of wriggly earthworms for us, and this morning we had a little boiled eggy breakfast mashed up with the dried worm food , but portion sizes are well down on what we are used to so we'll still need to eat the worm food for the rest of the day.

You've never had sardines Wiggy and Gwen? >dowhat< Oh gosh, you don't know what you are missing, they are to dieeeee for. We only get them now and again as apparently they can make our eggs taste funny. Mam mashes them up in the tomato sauce and adds them to the chopped veggies so that we all get some otherwise Scary would scoff the lot. Since she's been on the sardine and egg diet, she doesn't eat our feathers as much and something to do with needing more than us (I think she's just greedy) I'm lucky because of my lovely slender athletic figure, I can still fly up to the high rise run so I've still got my bum feathers but Posh and Baby are definitely looking a little raggedy in that region LOL

Not much to add about the Christmas pressie sorry - being forced to eat worm food and avoiding Scary's big beak is all I can think about at the moment. Our zigaziga dance and twerking didn't seem to have the desired effect, and Posh even did a solo and flew up at the gate to get mam's attention to no avail.

Signing off, Ginger Spice >ch<
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello gang )wav(
Not only have I been deprived of treats but my phone was taken away due to 'unsociable behaviour" I don't know what that means >coc< Oh Wiggy we are so sorry to hear about your in-laws, especially Deirdre who faced one in her old home and hid behind a flowerpot when she lost her sisters {cry} Deirdre is an older lady but since we had the special pellets she is acting like just like the black kittens that run all over the roof of our house. She helped mum clean our bedrooms today as well.
Nobody knows what twerking is? Ruby thinks its beef in a packet but she dosent know what beef is either!
JOY we had potatoes sunday afternoon, at last! Ginger I really think you lot need to really worry, do you think she might put you in the 'freezer' with the other chickens to make way for Mr Rat? I mean why is he being given such nice sounding food?
Gabby Georgina is confused, she says if you liberate the sardines wont they be free? Will you have to run after them to eat them?
Our plan for the most excellent christmas presents has been let down badly by Martha=Joans, mum cleaned our rooms out today and then she has to clean out the food bowls. Martha got into another one of her schoolyard fights and began dropping blood everywhere >ck< mum made her comb purple and white which Olive wanted to taste so mum locked us out of the 'Battie Quarters' and allowed Martha a few hours of 'me time'. I wasn't the culprit, I am a good girl(okay mum caught me fighting with Elsa, makes a change from fighting with Beth, and I got picked up). Then she did a weird thing, she sniffed me and said how lovely I smelt, never said that to any of us before. Georgina. posh bird, was dying for mum to pick her up but didn't want to pick a fight because she had just preened herself to perfection.
I am afraid to say comrades we are no further along with any solid plans(are we on K now?) Ruby now permantely sleeps with Martha and gang(bet they love that) and in my bedroom, Georgie wants her beauty sleep, Deirdre has gone past staying up late,Iris and Olive are not batties but batty,so that leaves me and Beryl to plot. Beryl is a brown noser who loves mum's lap so I may have to be careful if we do get a good plan she dosen't let slip what we will be upto.
We are determined to catch some sardines soon, any suggestions Gabby on how you managed it?
Signing out
Gwen X the hen (007)

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Hello gang - Captain Gabby here! )wav(

We are still all on tenderhooks for this worming but so far there's been no sign of horrible wormy food and no interruption to our treats, in fact this week we have even had SWEETCORN!!! It wasn't sweetcorn lollipops like Wiggy described, and it seemed to have a bit of powder on it but we didn't mind! )x6(

Nugget reckons that either mum's felt so guilty at the thought of depriving us of our important nutritional treats or has realised that good girls don't get worms - and we are all terribly good, all of the time - so we're all hoping that she's forgotten all about our worms. >fi< So we can safely say that the Save Our Worms campaign has been a massive success. Nearly as massive as Toffee, who is really really MASSIVE. And as we've had sweetcorn, which must've come from the freezer, our flank of Operation Sweetcorn is also a resounding success!

So if any girls need tactical advice from us, as we have now covered off two missions successfully, we are here to help! Oh hang on.... no, gimme it back...

Evenin' all. Commander Nugget ere. As my teasing sister is refusin to fess, and as I aint running no top secret MI5 operation here, for the benefit of spreadin the chicken revlootion, the trick is to get stroppy and refuse to eat grapes and other stuff so mam's ave no choice but to get out the sweetcorn and bread and other treats which if they are withheld is an affront to our Chicken Rights. Oooh these buttons are fiddly... ey no, leggo me foot...

Gabby back - sorry about that temporary interruption. Nugget gets so impatient, and she is all claws. Or should that be Claus?? hee hee!! )x(

Gwen X Hen, tell Georgina that the sardines live all squished up in a teeny metal tin, and it can't be good to live in there so it's our moral duty to liberate them so they can live happily ever after in our tums. Probably with the worms, I don't know. So far the sardines haven't run away and they don't seem to have legs anyway.

Ginger spice - Nugget is very upset at the Cruel and Inhuman (or should that be Inchicken?) treatment that your mum is doing to you poor girls. And she agrees absolutely that giving OUR treats to unwelcome visitors AND letting said unwelcome visitors live in our runs is downright torture. She has started muttering about the chicken revolution again.

Wiggy - you are definitely missing out on sardines. The Liberate the Sardines Campaign is still on active duty, so you and your flock really must join us as we bid to assert our Chicken Rights to delicious nutritional treats, of which sardines is the best. And cat food. And mealworms, and eggs. And prawns. Prawns are definitely delicious and probably nutritional (we had a barbecue with mum and dad and we ate prawns, mainly out of Jasper's mouth).

We tried zigazigah-ing and twerking this week, plus running round with grass in our beaks, and it seems a winning combo as we did get the sweetcorn and no wormy food. To crack Liberate The Sardines though, and we all think it should be our Christmas prezzie of choice )x6( we obviously need another Plan. I think we might be up to Plan K now. This is probably time for the SIC to step up to the campaign.

Happy twerking everyone!

Captain Gabby
'All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Sardines'
official slogan for the Liberate The Sardines Mission
Karen
HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

What ho ladies, Capt Ginger here. I have had to take over correspondence as Wiggy is busy wigging out. She is having a neurotic day.

Anyway I am glad to hear about all the successes you have been having - absolutely top hole, old beans. Us chickens are clearly a force to be reckoned with.

I would like to report that we too have hit the treat jackpot and have been getting big warm bowls of sticky gooey stuff mum calls porridge. I love porridge, just can't get enough of it (and think the fact I get it all around my beak is a big bonus, as it ties in with my aforementioned plan to get more out of mum) and the other girls like porridge too - except Wiggy, who is terrified of it and I think it might be what set off her latest big flap. Still, all the more for me, eh chaps?!
Toodle pip!