Legendary Laner

Re: Benny update

Post by Linda S »

Hows Benny today Bev {hug} {hug} {hug} s for you all {hug} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Hey everyone and thank you for your wishes {hug}

He's doing absolutely grand, definitely more himself.

He's eating his normal food too.

Saw Roman (our vet) yesterday and he removed his stitches. He's very pleased with Benny's progress and his wound is lovely and neat and tidy.

Here's our boy having cuddles at the weekend {hug}

His hair is growing back really quickly.

{hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Gwenoakes wrote:Thanks once again for the update, he certainly looks perkier, bless him. {hug} Wouldnt worry about him not eating, just so long as he is drinking, the appetite will return soon. When are you back for a check up?

Think Wendy means that you will be fine with the lead walking/crating while Benny is feeling a little sore/off colour, but as soon as 'he' feels well then 'he' will see no reason as to why he has to have lead walks etc.

Sorry if I have butted in there and I hope I have explained it like Wendy meant it, anyway its how I understood it. LOL

Thanks Gwen {hug}

We visited Roman (vet) yesterday and his stitches were removed. Next thing is towards the end of December when he'll have an x-ray with a bit of sedation.

We're having to be really strict with Benny for his own good as we can't take any chances. In around seven months he will be able to chase balls/Kongs/etc and do normal Benny things which he loves.

In the meantime, for the next twelve weeks, no sofa, no jumping, no running, no bouncing about. He doesn't go upstairs anyway, so that's not a problem for us.

)t'
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
wendy

Post by wendy »

Ooo hard going isn't it and you think the operation is a worry !
But you have to be strict otherwise more pain will come his way.
He is looking brighter, chin up Benny not too long to go,
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Ooooh, he's a handsome lad. Hope he is feeling better. {hug}
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

wendy wrote:Ooo hard going isn't it and you think the operation is a worry !
But you have to be strict otherwise more pain will come his way.
He is looking brighter, chin up Benny not too long to go,

Not really Wendy, he's doing so well and we knew what we'd be in for as the surgeon gave us lots of good information.

The only thing is he can't get on the sofa obviously as he can't jump up, but we're making up for that with lots of cuddles.

He's definitely lots more himself {hug}
Bev x

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

bluebell wrote:Ooooh, he's a handsome lad. Hope he is feeling better. {hug}

Thank you Bluebell, we're so very proud of him {hug} {hug}
Bev x

Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

So glad to see him more or less back to his old self, bless him. Give him a gentle {hug} from me please.

We had to be quite inventive with Bella our Staffie when she had a soft tissue injury and wasnt allowed to jump up/down and especially not on the sofa. Being a 'sofa' girl she was not impressed at all, but we won much to her disgust and it was worth it to get her better.
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Glad Benny is doing well Bev )t' what a beautifully soppy portrait the last pic is {hug}
LYN
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Gwenoakes wrote:So glad to see him more or less back to his old self, bless him. Give him a gentle {hug} from me please.

We had to be quite inventive with Bella our Staffie when she had a soft tissue injury and wasnt allowed to jump up/down and especially not on the sofa. Being a 'sofa' girl she was not impressed at all, but we won much to her disgust and it was worth it to get her better.

Will do, thanks Gwen {hug}

He must really love it in his crate - he's just took himself in there for a snooze with the door open {hug}
Bev x

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

aishakali wrote:Glad Benny is doing well Bev )t' what a beautifully soppy portrait the last pic is {hug}

Thanks Lyn, he's doing grand {hug} hehehe we've been getting lots of 'looks' from Benny +f+
Bev x

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Hey everyone

We had a little set back last week :-(

Come late Thursday I noticed Benny wasn't himself at all, went right off his food and he was limping {cry}

Took him to see Roman first thing Friday and thank goodness I took him when he did - he'd developed an infectious reaction to internal stitches and screws/etc {cry} I felt absolutely terrible, but they did reassure me that it was nothing we have done or not done, it just happens.

So we went back Saturday and Sunday again for doses of intravenous antibiotics and on Friday and Saturday they gave him something called Vegagesic which is a morphine type sedation med and totally knocked him out.

Yesterday we went back again and Roman is very happy with Benny's progress, swelling has come right down and he's now using his leg more and more.

He's on his oral antibiotics now and he's eating really well again, which I'm so pleased about )eat(

Here's some pictures :-D

He quaffed a sausage in about two seconds flat!! Didn't touch the sides! {rofwl}
Bev x

manda

Post by manda »

Glad to hear he's feeling better now...poor thing hard enough he had to have the operation but to have allergies to the internal bits...poor boy!!

Still as you say lucky you took him when you did...here's hoping it's plain sailing from now on..... >fi<
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Thanks Manda, hopefully yes.

He's bright as a button today :-D :-D
Bev x

wendy

Post by wendy »

)t' )t'
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning