Turkey crown

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
p.penn

Turkey crown

Post by p.penn »

For the first time I have bought a turkey crown for Xmas dinner. I had to borrow freezer space from a neighbour, and there wasn't much room so it seemed a good option.

So, I have a couple of questions ( and don't laugh as they may seem a bit blonde!)

Can it still be stuffed?
Will it get extra dry?
Is it easy to carve?

Thank you!
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Mercedes
Legendary Laner

Re: Turkey crown

Post by Mercedes »

I don't think there is a cavity to stuff with a crown, or I could be wrong {rofwl}

They are very easy to carve which is why they are so popular )x6(

All turkey seems to easily dry out so might be a good idea to put some streaky bacon over it and cover it with foil, least that is what I do :-D
Lyn

Post by davina112 »

I put butter under the skin to keep the turkey moist, I know it increases the calories but it's Christmas so it doesn't matter. )x6( I much prefer turkey crown for ease of carving and there is less waste (well less waste for us, not sure what happens to the rest of the bird before it reaches the shops as a crown)
[center][/center]Davina
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

We've had a turkey crown for the last couple of years and found the best way to keep them moist is to put a little water in the roasting tin too and keep basting it regularly )x6(
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

We have a crown at x-mas, can't abide the stuff myself but there willbe an alternative. I do the butter under the skin thing and stick rigidly tot he cooking times, it seems to me that the modern fast grown turkeys go instantly dry if they cook for one pico-second too long.
Bah Humbug
HedgeHugger
Legendary Laner

Post by HedgeHugger »

You wouldn't think a crown would stay on their little heads
:P
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Hahaha! {rofwl}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com