HOME NEEDED URGNTLY

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
Midders
Lively Laner

HOME NEEDED URGNTLY

Post by Midders »

I have an 8 month old Chestnut Ranger Hen that is being bullied and excluded by the rest of the flock. I don't have room to seperate permenatly so sadly I need to rehome her. She is yet to lay but I think this is because she is unhappy. I am in South Birmingham. Does anyone here have room for her? She is lovely and has the most beautiful colour feathers when not being pecked!

kitla
Legendary Laner

Re: HOME NEEDED URGNTLY

Post by kitla »

have you had any luck finding your poor chooky a home yet?
If you're desperate I'm about an hour from you, my coop is rather full but there's
always a way to squeeze in one incy wincy wafer thin chicky. Mine free range almost
permanently & I have a small spare run I could make use of.
One thing to think about, is the bullying caused by one bossy, aggressive hen &
the others joining in? if so after this hen is gone it may start again with the next in
line, just a thought. Pm me if your still desperate to rehome her, maybe we could meet
half way.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
Midders
Lively Laner

Post by Midders »

Thank you for your offer. Happily little Batchick was re homed today. I say happily, I was sad to see her go and the kids were upset but she has gone to be the biggest chicken in a flock of smaller hens so with a bit of luck she will not be picked on and will maybe even start laying! All of my other girls were picking on her so I am hoping now she has gone the bullying behaviour will stop.
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Good to hear you've found her a nice home. )t'
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
wendy

Post by wendy »

)t'
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning