Running out of clothes

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
urbanchicks
Longlasting Laner

Re: Running out of clothes

Post by urbanchicks »

I still think something is amiss.

Maggie
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Best wishes Maja, I hope that you and your family have a lovely Christmas.

)ot: slightly but I think there is a risk that this is turning into a witch hunt instead of taking someone at face value and offering support and advice which is, afterall, all that has been requested >shrug<
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

jemberelli wrote:Best wishes Maja, I hope that you and your family have a lovely Christmas.

)ot: slightly but I think there is a risk that this is turning into a witch hunt instead of taking someone at face value and offering support and advice which is, afterall, all that has been requested >shrug<

Quite agree
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Haben Sie einen guten Weihnachts Marji

Richard )x( )x(
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
maja1991
Learner Laner

Post by maja1991 »

Hi!

Richard wrote:Haben Sie einen guten Weihnachts Marji
Richard )x( )x(

Danke! Weihnachten war sehr schön!

I just want to say hello again. Today I was cleaning my room and found the note where I had written down my username and password and remembered being here.

Live is really good at the moment for me. Everything. I became quite an expert in dumpster diving in the last months. I mostly go for canned food (everthing else I buy normally) and toiletries. Saves a lot of money. It's amazing what people throw away. (Companies and private people).

I'm always looking for things when there's "Sperrmüll" (people are allowed to put bulky things out on the street to have the garbage disposal pick them up). I went to the first two flea markets this year here in the area to spend some money I've saved while dumpster diving.

This thread I titled "Running out of clothes" ... It's funny, right now my wardrobe is quite filled. :-D

Things I found in dumpsters (I found out dumpsters in from of student dorms are the best) or bought at a flea market. I was walking barefoot in the past because my shoes fell apart. Now I have 5 pairs of shoes (from boots to sandals) I can choose from.

I met a nice guy in January and we're together now. :-D He also has not much money but it's amazing what you can do with low budget. He bought a car (VW Golf II) for 100 euros. At the first glance scrap. Not roadworthy and no TÜV (technical inspection every car has to have here every two years). But he bought things from a junk yard for about 150 euro and we both worked on the car for about a month (with the help of a friend who is a mechanic). Last month it got TÜV and it's fun driving around with the car. :-D

It's quite expensive for him/us (insurance, tax, gas) but we can handle it. It's quite worth it and I enjoy driving ...

So live is fun right now (and studies are also going well).

Long story short: just wanted to say hi again and tell you I'm happy. :-D
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Pleased to hear life is good for you now :-D
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

Well good for you and I'm glad your doing so well. The old saying tomorrows another day is right in your case.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Great news, it's good to hear that you are happy and living life to the max!
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Pleased to hear you are doing well and that you have found that special person to share your life with. )t'
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Hi

Glad you're happy, that's very important no matter how much we have or haven't got.

Richard )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Just another post to wish you well - life should be more fun at your age! It also sounds as though you have a good idea of what's important and that should give you a good life.
animartco
Lively Laner

Post by animartco »

Totally Scrambled wrote:Guten Tag Maja,
Greetings and welcome to The Lane )wav(
Don't knowif they have charity shops in Germany but it might be worthwhile having a look. Only for outer clothing though as I wouldn't fancy buying secondhand undies.
Dom

Charity shops you must have surely? The other two favourites in Britain are jumble sales where I get most of my clothes, and boot fairs. I love jumble sales. They are like the lucky dips of childhood memory. You never know what you might find. In some you can even find designer garments that you would never be able to afford normally, and designer shoes are even more common because often the fit wasn't good and the original purchaser possibly only wore them once if that!
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

I think Maja has got herself sorted now - this thread is over a year old.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire