How damaging has Xmas been to you?

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Re: How damaging has Xmas been to you?

Post by Meanqueen »

ock wrote:
I always find that when I start eating "bad" food I suffer from heartburn a lot, healthy food does seem a bit more boring than unhealthy at first but I always have more energy, less bloated etc, it`s time for me to hit the fruit and nuts again now

When I eat something I shouldn't I always feel sorry for my stomach and digestive system. I imagine all the extra work it has to do to separate the nutrients which my body needs, and the junk which has to be disposed of at the other end. Food hanging around is not good, so I try and minimise the bad stuff.

Chocolate and biscuits and cake look and taste nice, but but for the few minutes of pleasure they give me it is not worth clogging my insides up. I had a camera down my throat a few years ago because I constantly felt queezy. Luckily there was nothing untoward going on. I have a photo of a perfectly pink and clean duodenum, so all I had to do was to modify my diet. I did a late supermarket shop last night, managed to bag loads of sprouts, cauliflower, carrots, sugarsnap peas, and salad leaves, all on yellow stickers, 90% off. That will keep me going. Looking forward to making some tasty meals out of it.
>veg3< >veg1< >veg4< )eat(
Ilona
silverback
Legendary Laner

Post by silverback »

Have to admit this just doesn't bother me, what ever I have put on would normally
come off after a while, I constantly carry a 17kg toolcase around with me at work
all week!.
However, because of my alcohol consumption over the festive season my boys have said if I was to pop my clogs and get cremated, it would take weeks to put the fire out! >dowhat<
I am old and wise, because I was young and stupid!.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

{rofwl} Oh, SB your family sounds so much like ours.......always sooooooo complementary. {rofwl}