Fitness goals for this year

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Fitness goals for this year

Post by fabindia »

Not sure what my goals are for this year. Need to get fit again after Xmas. Then there is scuba diving hopefully in March (but some where with warm seas), may be a few road running races.
Michael
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Re: Fitness goals for this year

Post by mrs boodles »

My goals are to walk a bit more (to reliant on car as hubby can`t walk too far) and to get back to doing my Pulmonary exercises. Haven`t done them for months so desperately need to get back into the swing of them. Plenty of weight to lose to help with the fitness and will also help with my breathing.
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

I've always been a bit of a chubster but this year is the year I am finally going to loose it.

I gave up smoking last January and put on 2st. Managed to loose 1.5st in the summer but then diagnosed with cancer, the diet stopped and 5lbs has gone back on since. Now I am on cancer dr-ugs for the next 5-10 years and have been warned that a common side effect is weight gain - on average 2st!!!

I cannot afford to put on 2st, in fact I need to LOOSE 2st.

I saw my oncologist yesterday and he's given me the go ahead to "resume your normal exercise" I didn't like to tell him I've always been allergic to exercise and have therefore avoided it at all costs.

But the time has come when I have to stop faffing around with silly diets and get on with it properly. I'm nearly 45 and I need to improve my chances of a healthy old age. Being overweight increases the risk of cancer returning, I'm at a high risk of osteoporosis due to the dr-ugs too so need to counteract that with weight bearing exercise.

So on my way home I stopped at a really lovely hotel just outside our village and joined their health club. They have two gyms and a pool - I can even treat myself to a sauna or jacuzzi afterwards. I've booked a personal trainer to help get me started and I'm going to do it )c(
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I want to do two more long walks this year, would like to top 162 miles, my record, but anything around that figure would be fine. Last time I missed it by ten miles. I keep forgetting that I am a year older, so I might not be so fit. I tend to be a bit sloppy where prepping is concerned and leave it too late to train. I always seem to manage though. I can feel that my leg muscles need toning, ought to do something about that. Extra time on the cross trainer would help.
Ilona
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

MC, just want to send you a hug {hug}