Need a tooth extraction

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Need a tooth extraction

Post by albertajune »

I've just come home from my usual dental check up and after an X-ray on a sensitive tooth, have been told that it needs to come out. If not now, in the near future as decay at the back of the tooth has gone into the nerve area. What is really worrying me is that the tooth is the very back molar which because it has no tooth next to it, has leaned inwards. My lovely little lady dentist has said that it might take a bit of getting out if she can't get a good grip on it. yike* I hope that her look is deceptive and that she is strong.
By the way, the day of the deed is next Friday, so I must try and find some good relaxation tips to practice and get me in the right frame of mind.
Dreading it already.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
silverback
Legendary Laner

Re: Need a tooth extraction

Post by silverback »

Don't know anyone who likes going to the dentist June, the way I would look at it to
help cope would be to just think!, it could be 1914 and not 2014! >dowhat<
Big gorilla {hug} for you June..
I am old and wise, because I was young and stupid!.
perchy

Post by perchy »

Aww June, I am sure it will come out no problem, deep breathing and thinking of a lovely place to be {hug}
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Try not to worry June, easier said than done, I know. I had a large molar which had a massive filling on it. The filling broke off so it had to come out. I wondered how my small lady dentist was going to get it out when there wasn't much to get a grip on above the gum . I had it numbed, she got her gadget and pushed down hard on it first, I had to push up against her, this pushed the gum down so that the tooth was easier to grip. It was out within a couple of seconds. Amazing. They know exactly what to do.
Ilona
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Meanqueen wrote:Try not to worry June, easier said than done, I know. I had a large molar which had a massive filling on it. The filling broke off so it had to come out. I wondered how my small lady dentist was going to get it out when there wasn't much to get a grip on above the gum . I had it numbed, she got her gadget and pushed down hard on it first, I had to push up against her, this pushed the gum down so that the tooth was easier to grip. It was out within a couple of seconds. Amazing. They know exactly what to do.
Ilona

I know that you are right and that come what may it has to come out, I just hope it is as easy as yours. Sounds awful to a coward >dum<
wendy

Post by wendy »

Ooo better out than in. But still a worry.
I am sure if she kneels on your chest and uses two hands, it will come out )w(
{hug}
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

I really feel for you, June. I dont think many people like the dentist. {hug}

I was given some help years ago when going through a very rough patch and the best bit of advice was to relax. A good way of doing this is to concentrate on your shoulders and let them drop. I was amazed at how it helped me because I didnt realise just how tense I was and how much better I felt after practicing this. I still do it to this day and I feel it still helps me.

The one thing you do not want is raging tootheache, so if all else fails keep thinking of that when you are in the chair. {hug}
davina112
Legendary Laner

Post by davina112 »

Ohhhhhh Gwen , I really feel for you as I have a fear of dentists. I needed 2 extractions a little over a year ago (as a result of not visiting the dentist in years) I found a really nice chap and I had conscious sedation, it worked a treat and I cannot remember a thing. I have visited the dentist 3 monthly since and in February I am having a filling removed and replaced without the sedation as I feel confident that he will be as gentle as possible.
I am sure all will go well and it will be out quickly )t'
[center][/center]Davina
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

You are not a coward at all June. The waiting for the appointment is the worst part. I was a coward when I was in my early twenties. After a bad experience at the visiting school dentist, I didn't go for years after that. When I was 23 I went to the dentist with my friend, her appointment, and I waited outside for her, with raging toothache, too scared to go in. Then I saw little kids going in with their parents, skipping along as if it was just part of the normal day, and I was a quivering wreck. I felt so embarrassed, a week later I could stand the toothache no more and plucked up courage to make an appointment. Thank goodness I did, I have been going ever since.
Ilona
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Just wondered if you have found any relaxation tecniques, June and to let you know I am sending positive thoughts for you. {hug}
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Just pull yourself together June for goodness sake, I had 12 out at once )run( )run(

Seriously, I know how it can affect some people.

I used to count down to when it would be over eg. In 2 days 4 hours it will be done.

I suggest just good plain and simple Karma.

Richard {hug} {hug}
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Richard wrote:Just pull yourself together June for goodness sake, I had 12 out at once )run( )run(

Well that told me {rofwl} {rofwl} This time tomorrow it will be out and to put it in perspective, OH has been given a cancellation spot to have knee replacement surgery tomorrow. He has been waiting for nearly a year so will be a good job done. )t' Only thing is I will have no one to make a fuss of me when I arrive home. {cry}
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Watch that hot Tea going through the gap for a few hours.

I've never had too much of a problem with Dentists....my teeth have though!

Worse one I've had is the jab down the inside of my eyelid. That really did spook me out.

Hope it all goes well tomorrow June.

Richard {hug}

PS. We won't ask you to post a picture :-D :-D

:-D
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

All the best, June. Hope it comes out easily, and that your OH's op is a success.

Richard - inside the eyelid - horrific.