Still got the tooth

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Still got the tooth

Post by albertajune »

I went this morning, thinking that by this afternoon it will be out. Not so!! The dentist gave me as much "deadener" as she could but it was painful when she loosened it. She thinks that there must be infection there, so am on antibiotics for 5days and then I go again. yike*
At one point I did tell her to go for it as I wanted it done with, but I don't think I could have stood it when she actually pulled. apparently, infection blocks the injections from reaching the root.
I just hope that it doesn't start to ache as a result of being loosened. Bought pain killers in case.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Mad Chick

Re: Still got the tooth

Post by Mad Chick »

Oh how frustrating when you have worked yourself up to having it done }hairout{

Not long now and it will all be done {hug}
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Oh no, poor you, what a pain after all that worrying, but if it's infected, then I guess there is no option {hug}

I went yesterday for 3 fillings, and seem to have gained a tooth where there was only half and a big gap before! I was so irritated about going and the cost (as it may not work and I may have to have them all out anyway), but now I can smile without a gap, it was worth it!!

Lets hope the infvection clears up fast and it is over and done with quickly for you June {hug}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Hope it settles down June. I once had an abscess in my front middle tooth - not the best place. The pain was something else, but the dentist after warning me that the injection might not numb the tooth did take it out, and I didn't feel anything.

We are booked in at end of this month for a check, day before OH's birthday!
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

I am sorry I have only just seen your post, but hopefully by now you will have had the tooth out and everything will be fine. {hug}
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Gwenoakes wrote:I am sorry I have only just seen your post, but hopefully by now you will have had the tooth out and everything will be fine. {hug}

This Thursday is the day. Keeping fingers crossed that I have no problem with it. I've been on a course of antibiotics for 7 days, although they had to be changed half way through as I had serious tummy ache with them. I also had a very tender swollen jaw, which is nearly back to normal, so will be glad when the tooth is gone.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Carrying on with my tooth saga.
After the course of antibiotics, I went to have the tooth out. A wisdom tooth by the way. The dentist gave me the injections and then prodded around to make sure it was deadened. All was well and felt numb until she dug into one particular spot that I could feel a bit. She decided then that it would have to come out under anaesthetic at the hospital. Had to go somewhere else for a complete jaw x-ray which has to be sent off when referring.
I enquired yesterday what the procedure now is as I have heard nothing from anyone for 2 weeks.
apparently the referral is sent off somewhere to triage. They then look at it and decide what hospital I will have to go to.( I was told initially my nearest). The wait is then a minimum of 3mths. yike*
I just hope that with all the prodding and poking that my gums and tooth have had that it doesn't play me up. If so what do I do if the dentist can't take it out!!
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Why didn't she just get on and do it. Even if you could feel it a bit, surely better than all the waiting.

I don't have an injection for fillings unless I'm told that this will be a bad one that she can't do unless I have it. I don't like the after-effects, I'd rather put up with a bit of discomfort and feel well after, than feel woozy all afternoon.

Hope all goes well.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire