Spreckly's belt tightening 2014

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Spreckly's belt tightening 2014

Post by Spreckly »

Hopefully in a few months I shall have dropped a size in clothes. I have started exercising to DVD tapes after a couple of years idleness, not as hard as I thought.

We don't have much spare, ever, and the downside of putting money away each month for the car and caravan holiday fuel does mean that there is less in the bank. I have asked two of my sons to give us a small amount of money for our birthdays, which are in the first quarter of this year. The money will go towards winter fuel, and be more useful than something neither of us particularly want. Having said this, OH has just shoved coal on our living room fire, and we have visitors tonight, so shall be using our front room. WHAT A WASTE!! I have voiced my displeasure very mildly.

We've always tried to use the car as little as possible, and do all our shopping at one go. Family visits will also have to be reduced even more, and this is sad, but there is little alternative.

We have two more family weddings this year, and I am wondering if I dare splash out on a new outfit for the autumn one, which is that of one of my sons. M'm, will see.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Re: Spreckly's belt tightening 2014

Post by Mo »

Sounds as if your physical belt tightening will leadd to some expense.

Good luck with it all.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Scrambled
Lively Laner

Post by Scrambled »

How is the exercising going? You've prompted me, I must admit - I am going to get our Wii Fit hooked up and start doing regular exercise each morning. I had thought of selling it, to boost funds, but they don't seem to go for much second hand, and it will be more beneficial if I shift the extra half person I seem to be carrying round with me.

I know what you mean about coal - my other half thinks nothing of shovelling it on, whereas I'm counting out every lump :-D

Hope the keep fit is going well )t' :-D )t'
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

My exercising is going OK - not too long, and not too strenuous. I am using one of my old DVD's which has aerobic exercises in it. The first one I tried was just too much, and left me with a stabbing pain in my left side! Anyway, apart from Saturday, when we decorated the back room, I have managed every day since Thursday.
anglynn
Lively Laner

Post by anglynn »

Good luck!!!!