Manda's Frugal 2014...

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
manda

Manda's Frugal 2014...

Post by manda »

I'm playing catch up ....

Well my 2014 started off without a debit card ...so no internet shopping for me ...well unless I used hubby's debit card +f+
It's amazing how even if you see a bargain on the net not having the card to get it straight away makes you stop and ponder as to whether you REALLY need something....I'm not sure if it's saved me any money because if I feel that strongly that something is worth getting then I will get it and I will have thought it through before I press buy now...BUT...it's certainly not cost me anything {rofwl}

I went through my herb garden just after New Year and had a good harvest...they've been hanging up in the windows and now they've just about dried out....

.......that's saved me a whole heap for dried herbs this year. It'll just need a bit of time to rub them and get them in jars.

Ice cream tried with the banana's - they were on offer so i bought a load and froze them. It's going to be a work in progress but if I can get the taste right so I can mask the taste of bananas I'll be able to have this ...and be healthy ...and save money as one banana is enough for one portion.

Tea tonight was caught by hubby and son ...smoked eel tonight.

Had a bargain today...a few days ago I bought a waterproof camera that also takes photos in cold up to -10 (handy when hubby goes out as a couple of times he couldn't take photo's as the camera frosted up!)...anyhoo it was on one of those daily sites that have big bargains and it was $139 (normally over $300)...when it arrived the battery charger was missing so I wrote to them and pointed out what had happened.
I got a reply back today saying they were sorry it had been left out and as they hadn't got any left would I be happy to accept a a partial refund of $70 dollars so I could get a charger from another source?
Absolutely I would be happy to accept that!....actually I had already bought a charger (house and car) along with a spare battery for $23 so $92 for a camera, charger and spare battery...I'm exceptionally happy about that.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
manda

Re: Manda's Frugal 2014...

Post by manda »

Today it seems all we've done is spend out money!
Hubby's alternator needed sorting...but we bought one and he'll do it himself...but of course it's never just that simple...new oil filter, oil blah blah blah...
Oh well cheaper if he does it...our local mechanic knows he will do whatever he can...Wayne will often tell him what he needs to do because he knows if he can't manage it he will go straight to him...he's a good sort :-D
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Shame about the alternator Manda, but you just can't do anything about unexpected expenses like that, can you?

Sounds as if you did well with the camera. And the bananas, although it made me laugh when you said you had bought loads then were trying to mask the taste! {rofwl}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
manda

Post by manda »

)grin2( ...Don't get me wrong I like banana's but it wasn't the taste I was going for with the "ice cream" ...I've got some more in the freezer and I'm thinking Mango this time....bet it still tastes like banana {rofwl}
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Scrambled
Lively Laner

Post by Scrambled »

Lovely photos of all your herbs drying out )t'