Aceface and The Stinkbombs !

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
aceface
Legendary Laner

Re: Aceface and The Stinkbombs !

Post by aceface »

I have got new girls today {hug} they are beautiful absolutely gorgeous they have settled nicely eating ,drinking preened themselves pooed and went off to bed {rofwl} I wanted them to stay a while and watch them but no off they went LOL im sure julieann has missed them already but im so looking forward to having a full day with them tomorrow I will keep you up to date with their integration but my gang when up to the enclosures had a look frankii crowed as usual and they stood upright necks outstretched and then tucked into their pellets and a few sneaky mealworms ,am so excited to see them tomorrow xxx
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx

Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Good to see you back Ace {hug} and some new girls for Frankii Stud Muffin to dance for, he will be very happy :-D.

Juliann if you read this i would just like to say that I have been to Aces house and seen her flock and the gorgeous Frankii on more than one occaision and I know your girls will be very happy and well looked after, you can be well assured of that :-D
If there was ever a time (God forbid) that i had to find another home for my girls then Ace would be the first person i would phone, she works tirelessy for the safe and best future for any hens lucky enough to be brought to her attention, and has my upmost respect for what she acheives {hug} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

well my diary has been truly neglected but hopefully things will be back to something like normal ,whatever that is in my coop {rofwl} julieanns girls are well and truly settled and all part of the flock near enough straight away no fights no handbags at dawn but the little silkies are amazing a real pair of mischevoius little madams ,and a syou know my best friend lou has had a nasty fall and broken her leg and ankle in numerous places and has had to have pins and plates and with the bad weather looking to come our way I was worried about not being able to get to her hens in the snow etc without putting myself at risk so we had a think about things and big al came up with a rescue mission bless him he has offered them to stay with him until lou is back on her feet so off they went on sunday coop enclosure tarp etc and all are settled and fine .

my girls are well but Bou is having a bit of trouble with what looks like bumblefoot but it isn't acting like bumblefoot if you know what I mean LOL
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Great that your girls are all settled Ace )t' You must have a magic touch, or else you are a chicken whisperer!! Hoe your friend has a speedy recovery. What a bummer! especially when you have new chooks to play with. Good on Big Al for coming to the rescue :-D
LYN
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

well today in acefaces coop it was bloomer washing day a couple of the girls had dirty bottoms after being wormed so the task could not be ignored any longer of course anna lou my ex batt girl was no trouble at all stood in the sink soaped up rinsed towel dried and blow dried in half an hour never batted and ex batt eyelid bless her ,but as for lana my huge grey baby well I got her into the sink after nearly having to hire a block and tackle to lift her all 8lbs yike* and stood her in the sink my goodness what a to do wings flapping clawing up my jumper scratching like a banshee she whacked me straight in the nose with her wing and it burst like a balloon blood everywhere I got her onto the floor stopped my nose from bleeding and tried again well I was wetter than her .

she was pecking the towel trying to get away whilst I was drying her so I thought well shes not gonna tolerate the hairdryer but here goes I stood her on a fresh towel swithched it on low heat and speed and gently brought it toward her she was fine I was sat with her stood between my knees I increased the warmth and it looked like she was sagging I switched it off and her head jerked upward I thought shes going to sleep ....never I thought not after that palava ,but I did the same again and she was head nodding I couldn't believe it she did nomore than climb onto my knee tuck her head under her wing and tried snuggling up to me whilst I was drying her ,the cheeky madam , but as we have all said before they never cease to amaze me but both gilrs have nice fluffy bloomers and smell sweet {hug}

aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

ann-a-lous fluffy clean bloomers freshly laundered just for Lyn {rofwl}

my gentle big girl Boudica who is having trouble with a bit of bumblefoot at the mo she is happy to be in the kitchen unlike her naughty sister Lana who managed to soak me to the skin today

a freshly bandaged foot LOL

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Aw Ace I reckon Lana will be hoping to visit the pamper salon every week now )t' Beautiful photos of beautiful girls )t' I love the bandage, you certainly are a 'chicken whisperer' xxx
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

i have been rather naughty today {rofwl} well me and big al we rescued some little millefleur bantams last year 4 of them their owner could no longer donate any time to them under rather sad circumstances well I couldn't say no could I )w( so they came to live with a very good pal of mine :) and today we have found them a husband look at this little fella

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 6660_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 6748_n.jpg

his owner is kindly allowing us to adopt him and she knows he will have an excellent life with his new wives waiting for him he will be coming soon and I cant wait )pty

however he wont be living in my coop as I said I mean what would my frankii think to anther fella muscling in on his patch so when linda next comes to see me I will have him over for a visit and she will be able to give him a cuddle .

the boys that linda returned to me n big al are all growing and doing really well they also have wives of their own and will be having little babies of their own in the spring time no doubt so frankii will then have a third generation under his belt and become a grandpa .

my girls all spent the day in the garden again with golfy as he is on extended visit to us and he has been improving the Walk-in-Run today some minor repairs and and improving ventilation in the big girls coop cos those grey babies don't half push up the condensation levels now they are hitting the 8lb mark so new larger ventas have been put in and as lana is having a bit of trouble with her bumble we have removed some of the heights in the run as she loves to jump on things and we need to keep her more grounded to prevent further problems so the chick enclosure has n=been removed all perches scrubbed and pipe lagging put round the perches to make them a little softer under her feet not sure what else to do really so any suggestions are more than welcome im bathing in iodine solution and now using tea tree oil on the spot and leaving it dressing free as it isn't open and the run is dry and im powdering with stalosan every 3 days to keep any nasties down she seems a little easier without the dressing on her foot so im going to monitor it and hopefully find a way of managing it for her as it isn't behaving like bumblefoot or doing what it should be doing as an early bumble both vets which I might add are fab and hen friendly advised to treat it conservatively and see how it goes ,will keep you updated and will take more pics of the girls to show you xxx

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Thanks for the bloomer shot Ace :-D Haven't had a fix for ages! )t'
LYN
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

A new boy, I can see that Frankii would be very put out! I am surprised you have time to sleep, busy but nice busy isn't it. I am upset I just get content not found when clicking on links {cry}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

sandy wrote:A new boy, I can see that Frankii would be very put out! I am surprised you have time to sleep, busy but nice busy isn't it. I am upset I just get content not found when clicking on links {cry}

ooh hes not coming to live with my frankii I couldn't possibly do that his lordship would have his handsome beak well and truly put out he is going to live at big als with our girls there ,and I know why the blooming page cant be found once a hen has found a home they remove the advert so folk are up to date with whats whats but ill get a photo of him for you lyn when I go to fetch him .

no probs with the bloomers shot lyn anytime I often get good shots of the girls bloomers unintentionally {rofwl} {rofwl}

I am hoping to have a chat with chook mike re lanas bumble thingy but just beforehand I have thought of trying a hibiscrub footbath and applying tea tree oil for a week with no bandage just to see if there are any improvements and no ab injections either as I don't want to pump her full of abs needlessly .

all girls fine although fed up of the rain no doubt >ch< nothing exciting to report so will sign off until there is LOl

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

I hope Lana's bumble behaves itself Ace, sending you and her healing vibes. Tea Tree oil is supposed to be pretty good, and I've heard good things about manuka honey too.

Putting pipe lagging on the perches is a really good idea. Mine don't perch - not even in the garden, lazy things - as they seem to prefer being on the ground but I think that's a great idea for them
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

KarenE wrote:I hope Lana's bumble behaves itself Ace, sending you and her healing vibes. Tea Tree oil is supposed to be pretty good, and I've heard good things about manuka honey too.

Putting pipe lagging on the perches is a really good idea. Mine don't perch - not even in the garden, lazy things - as they seem to prefer being on the ground but I think that's a great idea for them

mine don't perch at bed time Karen but use perches in the run to preen on usually so ive done it just in case but as for the honey I did think of that as they treat sores with it in some cases but as they enjoy honey in their porridge I was freaky about her nibbling her foot yike*

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Hey Ace
as they enjoy honey in their porridge I was freaky about her nibbling her foot yike*

I didn't think about that! Maybe put it under the bandage (if you're still wrapping the foot) so she can't get at it? It's supposed to be special grade manuka honey though I think?
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

aceface wrote: ,and I know why the blooming page cant be found once a hen has found a home they remove the advert so folk are up to date with whats whats but ill get a photo of him for you when I go to fetch him .

l

I can still see the pics :? He's a beautiful looking boy :-D
LYN