Mercedes
Legendary Laner

Re: This is our new arrival.......Teddy

Post by Mercedes »

He is gorgeous, what lovely pics {hug}
Lyn

Post by Gwenoakes »

Thanks you all, he has settled really well and gets on with Bella our Staffie, but we do give Bella some peace with the aid of a childs safety gate.

He knows sit and wait, then go for food, also down, all with the aid of treats. LOL

He was really, really car sick, but with short 'nice' journeys and a little walk he is getting there and actually wanted to get in and out of the car yesterday, so progress is being made. )t'
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Sounds like he has made himself at home :-D Glad he's doing well {hug}
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww he's absolutely gorgeous, hello Teddy {hug} {hug} {hug} {hug} {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Thanks guys.

Have just been looking at the piccies above and he has grown somewhat since they were taken. You dont notice it when your with him all the time.

He is quite timid, so we are taking things very slowly, he has been to the training, but only inside the door - thats been done twice and the second time he was much happier. He is no longer car sick and really wants to go in the car now.

Progress is being made. LOL
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Wonderful news Gwen {hug} {hug} {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
rustyfudge
Learner Laner

Post by rustyfudge »

He,s a really nice looking pup....good luck with him I have a 7 month pup myself and its like having another baby!
50 shades of...what ? sorry Mr Grey, I'd rather read a B & Q paint colours catalogue.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Thanks Rustyfudge. What pup do you have and do you have some piccies? Oh, by the way, welcome to the lane, brilliant place for info, help and understanding on most anything.

I agree it is like having a small child. LOL

Teddy is still going great guns, been out and about all over, loves Chloe our Grandaughter, they place chase..........in the house! yike* He is much better with the cats and getting on still with Bella and also the horses........a little bit wary of Jack who is 18.1hh though. LOL Maximum gone through the night is 9 hours and he is sleeping in Clare's bedroom so wakes her up when he needs the loo.

He has soooo many toys, everytime Clare goes out she seems to buy him more and more. Will put some piccies up when Sarah, youngest daughter comes today. He was weighed the other day at vets and he is now 19kg, so not small. LOL

Still likes digging BIG holes though and still tends to chew if not watched constantly. {warn}
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

He sounds as though he has settled in beautifully and will soon gain that bit of confidence. I remember when we first rescued out dear little Smudgy, he was even scared of the leaves falling from the trees. Love gives them confidence and Teddy has lots of love. You haven't got time to be bored have you Gwen!!
Looking forward to his latest pics. )t'
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

19 weeks old today and Clare has had him for 6 weeks last Friday. Quite a difference, eh?

jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Ahh gorgeous! What a stunner he is {hug}
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Thanks. No, June I have no time left for anything at the moment what with this weather and roofing work coming in, also Teddy, life is full on.

The piccie of him on Clare's lap was taken approx two weeks ago where she works and one of him and Bella asleep in the front room, you can see Lulu the stray we took in sleeping on the settee above them.

If you look closely his left ear is slightly bigger than the right one too. LOL
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Things still going well with Teddy. He now weights 22.5kg and goes into and does training brilliantly, no fear anymore.

He had his first swimming with the hydro lady, wasnt too keen, but didnt scream, but the splashing, well.........both Clare and the hydro lady got soaked. He wasnt too bad with the industrial dryer they use as we have been desensitising him with a hairdryer and the hoover at home. Clare decided to take him swimming because GSD's can be prone to HD, so building up the muscle round the ball and sockets could only be good but she did run it by the vet and he OK'd it. We felt with our experience of Lexi needing hydro swimming when she wasnt well that it would be best to prepare just in case it was needed.

Not been doing much off lead work and still only very short lead walks, but he does have a huge courtyard to play in, so not bored. His passion is balls, balls and more balls.
wendy

Post by wendy »

Isn't he gorgeous. Just seen the piccies, I missed the photo's from the other day.
envy}}
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Gorgeous boy +f+