A changing trend in Supermarket Special Offers ?

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Re: A changing trend in Supermarket Special Offers ?

Post by Gwenoakes »

I am not sure if your a )j; or not, Mo, but you certainly made me {rofwl} {rofwl}
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Mo's a lass :-D

Mercedes wrote:We go to our huge Tesco Extra every Saturday morning to just top up our fortnightly delivery. I had noticed a lot of their offers had changed recently but I will usually just buy the one item unless it's a really good offer.

I was house sitting and thought I'd get two cans of Soup. All the Heinz I think it was were 4 for the price of 3 and I didn't want 4.

I found a new one on me 'Amy's Kitchen' I think it was, 2 for £2, bit expensive but the tin looked nice :oops: I brought a Mushroom and a Lentil, surprisingly very good, lot's of bits in it, especially the Mushroom.

I know I should have taken some of the home made with me but it's not the same in another house !!

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

I buy stuff that I am likely to use within six months or so if it is on special and I do adjust sometimes to buy deals, cheese is normally a good one, for throwing up new brands at a much cheaper price. Sometimes deals are just to good to be missed, they normally have a maximum per customer tariff.
Bah Humbug
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

saint-spoon wrote:I buy stuff that I am likely to use within six months or so if it is on special and I do adjust sometimes to buy deals, cheese is normally a good one, for throwing up new brands at a much cheaper price. Sometimes deals are just to good to be missed, they normally have a maximum per customer tariff.

I look out for the special deals - such as butter spread which can go in the freezer or ( :oops: I do like them) Nescafe cappuccino sachets - and buy extra to stock up until the next time. Sometimes I've noticed a brand that I buy regularly is sold on special offer and that usually means it is about to be withdrawn completely off the shelves so I've stocked up then. A few years back when I heard on the financial market news of a shortage, I stocked up on whatever I used to buy and sure enough, prices started to soar (and are still high but I'm not so sure there is a shortage anymore - haven't you noticed that as well how prices rarely come down afterwards?)
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Gwen, are you implying I'm a +pinn+ ?
Perfectly true, there he was. Though I do use 'Little Nipper' traps (set by OH), on that occassion it seemed cold blooded to do anything worse than take him a mile away and release.
His relatives also enjoy foam pipe insulation, and the corner of my daughters Guide sleeping mat.

I don't store food in the loft any more, and only tins in the garage. Things are fairly safe on a rack in the porch, though in autumn that is full of apples. I stored apples in the garage for years, but word seems to have got round and suddenly they're not safe there - just the cores and tiny teeth marks left a couple of years in a row.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Just found a 3 for 2 of Cod Liver Oil.
Since there is still some in the bottle I bought for the hens years ago (long past its use by) I can't see the point.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire