Benny update

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Re: Benny update

Post by Gwenoakes »

Have been thinking about you and wondering if there is an update on Benny and his xray yet.

Sorry, but I am a naturally nosey woman. )w(
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Hi, hoping everything went well with the Xray's. {hug}
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Thank you so much, so sorry I've been naughty and not posted how our lovely boy is doing.

Benny had his 6-week check on 27th December and very pleased to report everything is as it should be. Surgeon Alan even said he was ahead of where they'd expect and 80% back to normal at that stage.

We are now week 10/11 post TPLO and he's doing grand and we're so very proud of our lovely boy.

Seeing Roman our vet for a 12 week check next week.

We started hydrotherapy last week and he seems to absolutely love it. His second session was yesterday and with the help of a ball (he's very ball motivated) he got in and even swam by himself )c(

Here's some more recent pictures :-D

Driving.... {rofwl}

New collar, lead and bandana from the January sales

Hydrotherapy swimming all on his own

He caught the ball :-D
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Bless him, great to see him doing so well {hug}
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

They are lovely piccies, he looks soooo good too. )t' {hug}

Does he have the jets on in the hydro pool yet, or will that come later? Also will your insurance pay for so much hydro, Lexi's did.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Thanks Jembi and Gwen {hug}

I'm not sure if there are jets in the pool Gwen, they haven't been mentioned as yet.

It does have bubbles that I've noticed, like a jaccuzi I think.

We ran out of money for our insurance when Benny had his TPLO, so we've been paying for everything since. His surgery and follow up came to just over £4,000 and we were allowed £1,200 towards it. We happily pay it to get our lovely boy right {hug}

They said we can start claiming again in May this year.

His hydro sessions are £20 a go, which I think is very reasonable. I'm very impressed with our lady, she's extremely meticulous.

The first week, she took a very detailed medical history, did loads of observations and took heaps of measurements.

Then when he's in the pool he does short bursts, then she takes his obs again.

He looks like he's really enjoying it too, which is fab )t'
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

So glad that Benny is doing so well. Vet costs and treatment are so high but we do what we have to do, if we can of course, for the animals that we care so much about.
Lovely pics of a lovely boy {hug}
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
wendy

Post by wendy »

Looking good. The swimming will do him the World of good.

One of my clients had to have their Bulldog operated on for Cruciate. When they went to pick her up they had done the WRONG leg yike* So now the poor little soul has to have the 8 week cage rest etc. Before having the correct leg operated on. As well as putting all her weight on the already damaged leg yike*
Apart from anything that goes through your head. How did they not notice that it was a healthy leg, before they started >dum<
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

wendy wrote:Looking good. The swimming will do him the World of good.

One of my clients had to have their Bulldog operated on for Cruciate. When they went to pick her up they had done the WRONG leg yike* So now the poor little soul has to have the 8 week cage rest etc. Before having the correct leg operated on. As well as putting all her weight on the already damaged leg yike*
Apart from anything that goes through your head. How did they not notice that it was a healthy leg, before they started >dum<

Oh my goodness Wendy that's shocking!

That poor poor doggy.

Where did they go for it?
Bev x

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

albertajune wrote:So glad that Benny is doing so well. Vet costs and treatment are so high but we do what we have to do, if we can of course, for the animals that we care so much about.
Lovely pics of a lovely boy {hug}

Thanks June and hope you'e all keeping okay? {hug}

{hug} {hug}
Bev x

Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

£20 is what Clare paid for Lexi, so I think the same price down south is very good. I am real pleased that he enjoys it, makes all the difference, bless him.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Gwenoakes wrote:£20 is what Clare paid for Lexi, so I think the same price down south is very good. I am real pleased that he enjoys it, makes all the difference, bless him.

Yes I thought it was very reasonable too Gwen.

There is a place here in MK, but this other lady just 'felt right' - she's listed on the Davies website and also registered with the Cannine Hydrotherapy Association, which the MK one wasn't.

)t'
Bev x

Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

We really needed an underwater treatmill for Lexi as recommended by Davies vets, but the only ones that were registered with NARCH think its called were all down south which was a bit of a bummer to say the least.

Clare had a look at the Honeys website but it only seems to do real large chunks/carcasses and Teddy doesnt really seem to understand anything very big, food wise............bit slow he is. LOL
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

We've just had a very tentative and gentle ball throwing session on our walk, very pleased to report he's doing fine.

It was so good to see our lovely boy running for his ball which he loves. I didn't take my camera on our walk, but here's our Benny in his garden :-D

Bev x

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Gwenoakes wrote:We really needed an underwater treatmill for Lexi as recommended by Davies vets, but the only ones that were registered with NARCH think its called were all down south which was a bit of a bummer to say the least.

Clare had a look at the Honeys website but it only seems to do real large chunks/carcasses and Teddy doesnt really seem to understand anything very big, food wise............bit slow he is. LOL

Awww bless Teddy {hug}
Bev x