Aldidl shopping

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
Stef
Legendary Laner

Aldidl shopping

Post by Stef »

We went Aldidl shopping this morning, in and out before the big car, little driver horrors started :-D

We spent a mini fortune but are now all stocked up with festive incidentals, including cheap alcohol for the frozen fruits. I shall be making cheats custard (just the advocaat) and smothering some caramalised apples, which has to be tasted to be believed.

Now we have Aldidls of all varieties within 10 miles we can alternate and use them regularly. Yay!

One of them (sorry I have no idea which) has a HUGE sack of salted pistachios and another of mixed nuts... we furtled through that one and got our favourites.

Now all we need to get is fresh fruit and veg in December, pick up the piggy bits, and we are all done and dusted. Well, all bar the baking )t'

Oooh! Did I remember the cream liqueur? Yes!!! Perfect, it isn't caramel or chocolate or some such horror, like we ended up with last year (we both took our specs this time). More instant custard for fruit cake :-D
1 dumbo rat still without a name; 2 top eared rats Octavia and Ursula
1 Rhode Rock, 1 Sussex Star, 1 Blue Ranger - The New Monochrome Set

My crafty blog, it's Frugal too http://relovedremnants.blogspot.co.uk/
grandmaeileen
Longlasting Laner

Re: Aldidl shopping

Post by grandmaeileen »

I shop every week at Aldi and Lidl, love them both. Always enjoy a good rumage around the special offers.
Lidl especially have won loads of taste tests, beating a lot of branded foods.
I will certainly be stocking up for christmas
Mother of two, stepmum to two, all grown up and flown the nest. Grandma to Lucy, who's 12 and is my best friend. Two dogs, 6 Gingernut Rangers, and one lovely hubby!

R.I.P. Queenie, Missy,little hen and Edna
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

On Saturday I accidentally took a wrong turn and got caught in traffic so had to follow it through Beeston (nr Nottingham) to get back home - the direct route I'd normally take is blocked with tram works - and found a huge Lidl with a car park. It's probably been there some time. I might pay them a visit this Saturday and have a look see )t'
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

We use Aldi and Lidyl all the time. We have found their fruit and veg is so much fresher than Tesco's. The times I've bought stuff in Tesco and after a couple of days its bad where as its still fresh from the other 2.
Stef
Legendary Laner

Post by Stef »

I think we have been so very surprised at the freshness of fruit and veg and the quality of just about everything.

Now we have them, and know exactly which one to avoid, I can see them becoming our shop of choice.

Many thanks to those here who have posted about them over the last couple of years. I may never have tried them otherwise.
1 dumbo rat still without a name; 2 top eared rats Octavia and Ursula
1 Rhode Rock, 1 Sussex Star, 1 Blue Ranger - The New Monochrome Set

My crafty blog, it's Frugal too http://relovedremnants.blogspot.co.uk/
Chicken drumstick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Chicken drumstick »

Aldi and lidl rock ...better prices and quality if you compare like for like at other supermarkets imho .
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

Don't know if its the same in UK but I bought raspberry canes and gooseberries in mine last week