Jem's Little Gems

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Re: Jem's Little Gems

Post by jemberelli »

They're doing great thanks Karen! They are getting much more confident now. Unfortunately the new puppy means that I am not spending the time with them that I would like but I will be spending plenty of time with them on Sunday when hubby is around to puppy sit!
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell

jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Oops, not made a post in a while! The girls are all doing fine and growing rapidly! I reckon Miranda isn't far off giving us an egg - her comb is 'redding' up nicely. The others are still some way off but there is no rush! Will try to get some updated piccies soon )t'
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

So glad to hear your new little family are all well )t'
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Woohoo, first egg today! All girls are well but practically living inside because of this awful weather.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Well done you Little Gems )t'
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

What a lovely day! The sun has been shining and it was quite warm so we decided to take advantage and let the girls out for a free range and give the puppy a good run on the extended lead. Shoved a lovely new bale of straw in the girls' run which they loved scratting in once they went back in. Would be lovely if the weather stayed like this but I'm sure that is wishful thinking!

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

AW Jem lovely photos )t'

jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Got some updated piccies of my girls today so thought it was about time they were properly introduced! Some of the pics aren't the best as they are by no means lap chooks so getting nicely posed ones is nigh on impossible!!

First up, Miranda. She was the shyest when we got them but has really come out of her shell. (No pun intended!) She is also the oldest and the size difference was very apparent at first so she was named by hubby after our lovely Call the Midwife Miranda. She is also our only egg layer currently.

Here we have Miranda again with. Biggles to her left, Lexi at the front and either Arthur or Martha on the right! Biggles is named after my aunty whose Xmas money gift was put towards the purchase of the girls. My aunty's name is Lesley and she is very tall so she was nicknamed Biggles by my dad (Big Les!). Lexi has lots of grey on her so hubby named her Alex after his brother and I changed it to Lexi (just in case brother asked their names!). Arthur and Martha are so called because hubby can't tell them apart and he liked the sound of it!

On the perch we have Janet, named after Janet Street-Porter because she is so noisy & never shuts up!

They still spend a lot of time in the shed which I do worry about but they are healthy and seem happy enough. Shouldn't be too long before we start getting some more eggs I reckon, not that it's important. >ch<

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

What beautiful rich colours they are :-D
LYN
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

The girls have been loving the sun today - loads of sunbathing! Didn't have my phone on me so didn't manage to get any pics. Gobby Janet stooped for me today so won't be long before I get an egg from her >fi<
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Miranda and Biggles have such beautiful colours :-D Your new little family look adorable, great names, hope Miranda dosent start falling over a lot {rofwl} My Janet is the opposite to yours, very quiet

AnnieG
Lively Laner

Post by AnnieG »

Beautiful girls. I love all their names, bet they do too. )t'
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Woohoo, 3 layers now I think! Found some really dinky little eggs yesterday, perfectly formed but tiny {hug}
AnnieG
Lively Laner

Post by AnnieG »

Clever girls!! {hug}
Chookaholic
Longlasting Laner

Post by Chookaholic »

great names . I love hearing the origins of them ... biggles is a belter ! :-D

theyre all gorgeous and i love that you just bung in a bale for them to chuck every here and do chickeny things

The sun seemed to have given them the little push for you to lay ..... eggs and crumpets all round! )eat(