Greenhouse watering system .

Gardening to 'grow your own food' from square foot to half an acre !!
jackian
Legendary Laner

Greenhouse watering system .

Post by jackian »

My greenhouse is at the bottom of my garden with no electrics . My main problem is remembering to water on a regular basis when growing veg to transfer to my allotment .
I have been looking at irrigation systems but not sure what to go for .I really need a drip drip system I reckon .
Have any of you got a reasonably priced system that is reliable and that me being not technical at all can do before the hopefully dry season comes . ? I will have trays of seeds on one side and long tubs with tomatoes and cucumbers on the other .
Thanks Jackie x
4 lovely girls~~ Clover, the oldie and top chick Bonnie second in command .new girls Bluebell and Blossom.
2 lovely new girls 19-01-2015~~ Chelsea and Ruby.
Eva , Florry , Poppy ,Annie and Rosie R.I.P
The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.” - unknown
billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Re: Greenhouse watering system .

Post by billnorfolk »

Hi jackian

I used 2 of these last summer to water my Tomatoes ,fill once a day .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INSTANT-DRIP- ... 1e8734d1f3

Think for a lot of plants trays need a little layer of compost in the bottom , stand pots with plants on compost and allow to drip onto compost in tray to keep it damp )t'
A leek in the hand,is worth 2 in the roof.

Bill's Diaries.....2012 2013 2014
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

ooooooh yes, I'd like to give these a try this year - I was forever walking back and forth from house to greenhouse with watering cans last year
jackian
Legendary Laner

Post by jackian »

Thanks bill Norfolk ,
I have ordered one of these on your advice . I had been looking at these anyway and you decided it for me .
4 lovely girls~~ Clover, the oldie and top chick Bonnie second in command .new girls Bluebell and Blossom.
2 lovely new girls 19-01-2015~~ Chelsea and Ruby.
Eva , Florry , Poppy ,Annie and Rosie R.I.P
The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.” - unknown