bakestone

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
Yazzie
Learner Laner

bakestone

Post by Yazzie »

Hi I am wondering if anyone has a bakestone or cast iron skillet? I got one before Christmas my friend s son works at a local bakery and boy do the make some lovely welsh cakes.
Welsh cakes are like flat spiced scones baked on the bakestone on the top of the cooker. I got the bakestone so as I could make my own and get even more welsh cakes for my money. As soon as the kettle is on everyone reaches for the tin the welsh cakes are in.
You can also make drop scones ( Scottish pancakes) on it. But I would love to know if anyone has any other recipes that could be made on the bakestone. Thanks xx
manda

Re: bakestone

Post by manda »

I have a cast iron skillet I use...I love welsh cakes...

As an aside I got stopped at Gatwick going to Greece once ....for 32 welsh cakes ...well I had to take something to snack on for the journey didn't I ? )grin2(
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Yazzie
Learner Laner

Post by Yazzie »

They are just gorgeous and lots of fun to make. It sounds as if you enjoy them as much as me. Xxxxxxxx
HedgeHugger
Legendary Laner

Post by HedgeHugger »

My mum used to make amazing welsh cakes, we had a bakestone too. In fact she had 2, a bought one and one her dad had made!
Scotch pancakes, crumpets etc can be made on a bakestone.
I wish I knew where my mum's went, I do think of it often. Welsh cakes just aren't the same cooked in a dry frying pan :(
Yazzie
Learner Laner

Post by Yazzie »

I have a newish one but bought one as a Christmas gift to my nephew from Amazon I had a good deal on it and after he seasoned it it works a treat.