Another cat to foster

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Another cat to foster

Post by Meanqueen »

I opened my front door last night at 10pm to lock the outside porch door and found a present had been left just outside the door. A cat has been dumped on me, in it's carrier. Goodness knows how long it had been there, I hadn't been out since lunchtime.

I know who did it, a young chap accosted me in the street about a week ago asking me if I could take it. I said our pens in the rescue are full at the moment, and I have three of my own and can't afford any more. I told him to email a photo and we could put it on our catchat web page, as available for rehoming. No picture came, instead he brought the cat and left it.

Some people are just heartless. I don't know where he lives but I know where his parents live. I feel like going round there and giving them a piece of my mind, and asking for a donation towards the cat's food.

It's a lovely young tabby boy, he is in my spare room, and will be moved to a pen as soon as one becomes vacant. It's getting harder and harder to find new forever homes.
Ilona
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Re: Another cat to foster

Post by kate egg »

Not good but at least he brought it to you instead of finding another way of 'getting rid' of it.... Would love to be able to help but with 2 dogs who already barely tolerate our cat I don't think bringing another one home would be a smart idea :?
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

I will never understand how people can be so heartless.
A neighbour of mine has just taken in a cat, who is one of two that someone left behind on moving. She has also been feeding a sweet little cat that we think has been dumped. On phoning the cat's protection, she was told they would be full for about 3mths, yike* so she fed him also and gave him weather protection in her greenhouse. We helped her out with food when we could. Luckily the cat's protection got back to her and said they would pick him up which they did last week.
So sad to hear of these unwanted pets. {cry}
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

I feel for you, MQ and agree it is very hard to re-home any animal at the moment. Looking on the bright side though at least you got a cat carrier out of it. )t'

Just wondering, but what do you do with the cats when you go on your travels?
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Gwenoakes wrote:I feel for you, MQ and agree it is very hard to re-home any animal at the moment. Looking on the bright side though at least you got a cat carrier out of it. )t'

Just wondering, but what do you do with the cats when you go on your travels?

Hi. We have got lots of cat carriers, we usually sell them when we have a fundraising stall at a car boot sale or event.

My very good friend looks after my cats while I am away. She has seven of her own cats and helps with the rescue, there are three of us. She lives close by, two minutes walk away. She comes two or three times a day. I have a cat flap so mine can get in and out of the house. She gets them in before dark as I like them in at night. I have one old ginger boy of 17, and two young ladies who both came into rescue with four kittens each. We found homes for the kittens and I kept the mums.
Ilona
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Thats good that you have a good friend who you can trust to see to them, like it used to be years ago a friend/neighbour helping out another.

You sound as though you are a real softie, MQ re keeping the two mums. {hug}
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Good news, we have found a new home for George. I had him for just over two weeks here, then he went into a pen when one became vacant. Now he has gone to his forever home, a lovely couple who live in our village and are known to us. I am so pleased.
Ilona
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Good news that George has found a lovely new home. It is great that the people who have given him a home are known to you and live nearby.
When we hear and read such awful thinks concerning animals, it is wonderful to hear the other side. There are lots of lovely people out there who care, and you are one of them. {hug}
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

What a lovely happy ending for George and even better that you know of the new owners. Well done to you all. )t' He looks a lovely cat too, bless him.