2014 - the year I get considerably fitter!

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Bridgets Mum
Longlasting Laner

2014 - the year I get considerably fitter!

Post by Bridgets Mum »

Newly retired, I had great plans for the start of 2014 - exercise more, eat better, keep off the lovely red stuff; but somehow January zoomed past with no changes made. Story of my life.
You'd think I would stay reasonably fit looking after the horses and walking the dogs but that can be as strenuous or otherwise as you let it, and I had obviously been going for the sedate approach.
Then February arrived and I decided I really was going to re-visit the gym, give up the alcohol and re-vamp the diet. I didn't enjoy it and February was pretty much a struggle. I stuck to the no alcohol, crawled around the gym and creaked into my abandoned yoga classes. It was really hard but by the end of the month I had lost 8 pounds and was beginning to feel a bit livelier.
Now going to the gym is fun and I am doing more and more, I'm enjoying yoga and have started Pilates. I've lost another 3 pounds and am beginning to feel the benefit. Now the weather is improving its time to dig the veg garden and ramp up the dog walking. Maybe I'll even get back into horse riding.
Need to lose another stone. Feeling cautiously optimistic.
davina112
Legendary Laner

Re: 2014 - the year I get considerably fitter!

Post by davina112 »

Well done, I find keeping active and watching my weight a constant struggle, but we can do it if we try. And it certainly does make us feel better.
[center][/center]Davina
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Ẃell, this week I have started back watering again and so thought health and fitness changes were needed too. I am making an effort as I haven't bought any wine to drink at home, which I usually drink every night. If I don't have it, I can't drink it, can I? I am applying the same principle to cake too, and usually I have cake at least once a day.

I was a bit shocked as to how completely exhausted I felt after my first morning back, and the same again today. :? I know I will get fitter as the season progresses, but certainly wasn't this bad at the start of last year!
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
davina112
Legendary Laner

Post by davina112 »

"Watering again" P Pen !!!!!
[center][/center]Davina
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I know! Where does the time go!
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Bridgets Mum
Longlasting Laner

Post by Bridgets Mum »

We can do it. We will do it.
And alcohol is overrated.......... apparently!