Pallets-where can I find them?

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Phoenix82
Lively Laner

Pallets-where can I find them?

Post by Phoenix82 »

I'm in North warks so I could easily travel to North west Leicestershire or South Staffs if anyone can suggest where to find some :-D
Wife of one,Mum of two.
5 assorted Pekin Bantams,1 White star,1 Bluebell,1 Black Rock Hybrid
1 Lurcher,1 old Tom,1 Tabby Cat
Desperate for some Indian Runners!
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Re: Pallets-where can I find them?

Post by lancashire lass »

Ask around at builders suppliers (lots of materials are loaded on pallets which are non-returnable except the blue ones) Also, stalk any building projects in your area as often bricks are delivered on pallets which just go into the skip - ask permission first and you might find the contracters will happily put more of them on one side for you. I get mine from work where equipment or bulk supplies sometimes come on pallets - the downside is that they come in all shapes, sizes and quality.
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

As LL says, ask around. When you are out and about keep your eyes open for any building sites, any 'Goods In' entrances on industrial estates, and any back doors to DIY stores. Some pallets are pretty big so you'll need room to transport them. I have a tailgate to my car and keep my back seats permanently down so I can use it like a van. If you don't have a suitable vehicle, ask if they can keep the pallets to one side for you, then ask a friend with a bigger vehicle to pick them up. Maybe you could borrow a trailer if you have a tow bar. They are very hard to dismantle so it is not really practical to break them down on site. Better to remove them whole, and take them apart at home.
Ilona
pavel131
Lively Laner

Post by pavel131 »

About fifteen years ago, I worked on a farm that produced. and packed potatoes for supermarkets.
We used to get dozens of out sized pallets to scrap. There was a guy there who would take two or three pallets at a time home, and make good money, making garden furniture.
Just a thought.
I am an Dyslexic agnostic insomniac. I lay awake all night wondering if there really is a dog.