Annie's Girls.

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
AnnieG
Lively Laner

Re: Annie's Girls.

Post by AnnieG »

Hahaha! Sandy, you could be right. Must get on with it too.
Only one egg again today (58g) and I don't know who's laying them. Does the food dye trick work? I might have to have a go at it to find out who's laying.

AnnieG
Lively Laner

Post by AnnieG »

Poppy went on a walk about today into next doors garden, she came back when she heard me shake the treat tin. I've scrounged some galvanised wire from my daughter and filled the gap they kepp getting through. Hopefully that should do the trick. }hairout{
AnnieG
Lively Laner

Post by AnnieG »

I've got a pile of pallets coming on Friday and hopefully I have a few (6 I think) 3 x3 x 8ft long posts heading my way. Should be enough to start the enclosed run. I'm building it myself so I need some power tools too but I'm looking forward to giving it a go. I need roofing (not sure yet what type to go for) and wire mesh, but once I've got that I can get started. This is big for me. I've always relied on the men in the family to do these things but there's no one available so got to get stuck in myself. I've got an idea in my head as to how it's going to look, I just hope I can make it look like that. {rofwl}
AnnieG
Lively Laner

Post by AnnieG »

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Oh lordy Annie, whichever one you choose,be careful! I would post that thread on chicken keeping, not a lot of men on the diary section
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
AnnieG
Lively Laner

Post by AnnieG »

Thanks Sandy, I will.

The girls have been very quiet today, I think it might be the warmer weather. I hope they cope ok in the hot summer.
Hester chased Stanley up the garden path this morning. Poor Stan. He stood in the door way shivering like a jelly. {rofwl} And Annie shooed a pigeon out of the garden. )t'

The pallets will be delivered tomorrow so hopefully work will start on the run on Saturday. If the rain holds off I'll be out there nice and early. Plenty of pics will be taken to show off my endeavours. Looking forward to it but at the same time I'm not. It's a very big job for me. Fingers crossed I don't mess up.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

sandy wrote:Oh lordy Annie, whichever one you choose,be careful! I would post that thread on chicken keeping, not a lot of men on the diary section

Or the DIY section.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
AnnieG
Lively Laner

Post by AnnieG »

:( No pallets until next week as the man with the van hasn't got the van, so no run building yet. Oh well, never mind, I'll get on with some slabbing instead. We've been offered all the tools we need so I don't have to buy any. That'll save a few bob to put towards other stuff needed.

I let the girls out this morning and they squawked at me for being late. It was only 10 past 8! I think they're a bit upset.

Just one egg again today, I'm still not sure who's laying them so will have to do the dye test. My daughter has 3 birds from the same batch and she's getting at least 2 eggs a day. I know I said the eggs are not that important but come on girls, really??!! {rofwl}

I'm really proud of my daughter, in more ways then one but especially right now, she rescued three 5 year old girls who are past their egg laying. They were due for slaughter but Jo took them and now they're happily living in her garden. They're beauties too. {hug}
TheGreatEgg
Lively Laner

Post by TheGreatEgg »

Can't wait to see what you build! I built my chicken run and adapted my coop. I got a circular saw for Mother's Day so I'm on a bit of a roll now - in my sights is playhouse renovation! {rofwl} I love your coop!