might need a divorce lawyer

Gardening to 'grow your own food' from square foot to half an acre !!
bmpsands
Legendary Laner

might need a divorce lawyer

Post by bmpsands »

This is the first year with a polytunnel.

OH keeps opening it up, so the bugs and cold can get in
I keep it closed and OH says that the air will get stale

I will accept the verdict of the knowledgeable Laners.

On a coolish day, open doors or closed?
Bea; 19 hens (most of whom I intended to get); 6 bantams (which I never intended to have); old Benji dog and young Toby dog (who I definitely wanted). Three years into country living and loving it.
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Re: might need a divorce lawyer

Post by Totally Scrambled »

I thought plants produced oxygen as part of their life cycle. Mind you if it was damp and humid inside for too long it could cause problems.
Dom
Ali Woks My World
billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Post by billnorfolk »

I it feels warm when you walk in i open the door ,but then i have an inner door with insect mesh on ,keeps the bugs out.
A leek in the hand,is worth 2 in the roof.

Bill's Diaries.....2012 2013 2014
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

I don't leave the door open till at least Maytime unless it gets really hot in there and then only till the temperature drops down. If it gets to sticky the water drops off the plastic and goes into the ground. I've never had stale air in mine
bmpsands
Legendary Laner

Post by bmpsands »

Thank you. I'll show the comments to OH and we can reach a solution that suits both of us.

I'd forgotten that plants/oxygen thing but might have got it backwards. 40 years ago, in the NHS, all flowers were removed from wards at night because they gave off fumes! Living plants would be different though, presumably, because of photosynthesis.

Honestly, between gardening and chicken-keeping I've learned more science in 2 years than I ever did at school.
Bea; 19 hens (most of whom I intended to get); 6 bantams (which I never intended to have); old Benji dog and young Toby dog (who I definitely wanted). Three years into country living and loving it.