First Swifts

All free living creatures around our Homes & Gardens - enjoying helping them helping us
Maggie1

First Swifts

Post by Maggie1 »

Saw the first swifts on Monday. They are early this year, Haven't heard the cuckoo yet though.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Re: First Swifts

Post by Gwenoakes »

Terry saw 2 Swallows here last week, Maggie and like you thought they were very early this year.

Time for covering all the horsey things me thinks as they go in all the barns and poop on anything/everything. They also dive bomb the cats when they go on the courtyard, wonder if they will dive bomb Teddy, our GSD puppy. LOL
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

I love them but my neighbours hate them. Because its so windy here a lot of people dry their washing in the barn. Now you know why they hate them, they poo all over the washing.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Hi Maggie

Strange you mentioned Cuckoo because I heard one this morning.

Don't sem to get Swift's around here. All the Stands at Cricket have House Martind, wonderful to see them popping in and out of their solid nests.

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

I think its housemartens who are in the process of making yet another nest in Jas's stable. Do love them but Jas spends a few weeks looking less than attractive wearing bird poo down his mane and back. :-D

Good for my heart when I'm going into stable to find a bird on its way out - they are so amazing in flight.
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/