Human irresponsibilty and Foxes

All free living creatures around our Homes & Gardens - enjoying helping them helping us
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Human irresponsibilty and Foxes

Post by Richard »

I love Foxes, think they're beautiful creatures and get bad press. But that's for another thread maybe !!

Here's a video my Sisiter sent me, the results of some human's inconsiderate approach to Environment and Wildlife by litter ditching.

There are more examples on youtube.

[center][youtube]dC254k38QTc[/youtube][/center]

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Re: Human irresponsibilty and Foxes

Post by Totally Scrambled »

Humans just don't like having their food sources targeted by other successful preditors which is why we have managed to get rid of all the largest preditors that once roamed our land.
A lot of the littering is down to either laziness or or people thinking it doesn't matter as it is someone else's job to clear it up.
I must admit that I once spotted a young gentleman driving his car and dump a bag full of takeaway rubbish out of the window. I stopped, picked it up and drove to his house and stuffed it through the letterbox. Did he get a shock when he opened the door to have a go at "the git" stuffing rubbish through his door and see two coppers standing there :-D
Dom
Ali Woks My World
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Brilliant Dom

)t' )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Another one here who loves all creatures. People get a bit uppity about foxes and don't want them living anywhere near them, but hey that's life!

I crush my tins and cut the plastic things that hold packs of tins and drinks together.
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Great one Dom )t'
I agree with all that has been written as far as wild life goes and especially foxes. On one hand they can be barbaric themselves where chickens etc are concerned, but man has moved further into their territory and sees them as fair game to chase and kill for sport.
As far as litter goes, lots of people are just lazy and care little for their environment. I live in a beautiful country area and regularly see the residue of takeaways and cans that have been tossed from cars. Also the odd garbage bag dumped. }hairout{ NO PRIDE!!
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I've been walking around the Thorne area, South Yorkshire, for a couple of days, and was appalled at the amount of rubbish strewn about. As well as the black bags full of household waste, kids toys, fridges and mattresses, there was loads of builders rubble as well.

If you drive on a motorway you can't see the tons of rubbish thrown out of vehicles, but if you walk alongside it on a footpath the undergrowth is full of rubbish, some of it left behind after roadworks have moved on.

I stopped to talk to a council man who was taking a break stood by his van, and commented on how much rubbish there was. He was out and about checking the lanes. He said as soon as we pick it up some more appears. Disgusting mess.
Ilona
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Lucky little cub, I wonder if it found its way back to its mum? It made me cringe to
watch at first, tin cans with the top left partly on - especially when this is pushed into
the can, are a terrible danger to wildlife! After I heard the hedgehog rescue tell of
the awful death & injuries they see from this, I never, ever, EVER (cant stress this
enough) throw a can away without fully removing the top.
As for rubbish tipping, I just cant understand it, there are council run tips within
reach of nearly everywhere and they're free! My friend had rubbish dumped
outside their gate & they were trapped until it was moved!
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
HazellB
Longlasting Laner

Post by HazellB »

People pull into my stable yard's lane end, eat lunch and just throw their rubbish out of the car window a few times each week. Once the police and paramedics attended a crash there and left all their medical waste, too.

Idiots.

Speaking of foxes, a farmer I know found a well known animal charity letting rescued foxes out onto his land recently. He told them to stop, rang the local bobby then got his gun out. The result was the animal charity man also rang the police to report five dead newly released foxes and an angry farmer holding a shotgun.
The local bobby arrived and arrested the animal charity man.
I guess littering can work both ways ..... )w(
@Sheldonatsov
My horrible dog's a Twit(ter)