BBC1 Jamaica Inn

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

BBC1 Jamaica Inn

Post by Spreckly »

Is it just me? I have given up on the last episode, and I know what happens, as I have read the synopsis on the internet. The reviews have not been good, and no wonder. Someone in the hairdresser's was moaning about the mumbling in the first two episodes - we have had the subtitles on. But really, what a dismal, miserable, pathetic portrayal of a great author's book.
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Re: BBC1 Jamaica Inn

Post by kate egg »

I gave up halfway through episode 1. I couldn't understand a word David Thewliss (Joss) said, and couldn't follow what was happening or why. It was so gloomy and I'd rather watch something uplifting. Shame though as I had been looking forward to it. I have found a copy of the book in the charity shop I volunteer in this afternoon as my sister says the book is great.... we will see....
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

My neighbour couldn't understand a word of it, and at first thought it must be his hearing!
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

I did watch all 3 episodes but agree about the filming and sound of this production. After so many complaints about the sound, there was an improvement last evening. What a dismal setting for this story though!! If asked if I would recommend it, the answer would be NO. So disappointing!
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

Well I enjoyed it.
Bah Humbug
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Apparently the sound thing only affected certain Regions ?

I watched some of he first one but decided it was not for me.

That girl looks different to what she does in Downton Abbey !

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

I thought it was just me {rofwl} I don't think the accents that they're trying do help either. The good thing with Mary as they she just has to do 'the look' a lot of the time! I haven't watched the last episode yet but I think I've already guessed 'the bad die' >dum<
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx