knitting for charity

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
dinah wilson
Learner Laner

knitting for charity

Post by dinah wilson »

Hi I love knitting toys does anyone know of a charity that excepts knitted toys please
Di
perchy

Re: knitting for charity

Post by perchy »

Hello and welcome to the lane, I don't personally know of any charity but I am sure someone will, I think one or two members knit baby clothes for special care and blankets, I am sure they will be along at some point to help )t'
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

I can't name one charity, but if you type on your search engine, ie Google, Knitting toys for charity, lots of different sites come up. Some even have patterns to download.
Good luck )t'
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

I am very involved with Loving Hands, we knit, crochet and stitch for charity. We have had a few knitted toy campaigns over the years, the one that springs to mind is Teddies for Tragedy, this is ongoing. The only thing is they are so particular about the way it is made so that they are all the same pattern.

We have ladies making toys, these mostly cannot be sent out within the UK due to the CE regs, although Lincolnshire Fire Service asked for teddies to give out to traumatised kiddies involved in car accidents, they hoped for 500 and got 5000!!! Our toys mainly go to Greenfield's Africa, to kiddies that haven't got anything to cuddle.

If you Google Loving Hands the website is full of info, and will lead you to our friendly forum too if you fancy a chat :-D (I am kateg on it)