What are you all doing?

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
albertajune
Legendary Laner

What are you all doing?

Post by albertajune »

Is anyone doing anything hobby or craft wise? We all seem to be a bit inactive in this dept, maybe down to the better weather, when it was here.
I myself have found a good sized wooden box that is being mad into a lamp table by me and OH and will when finished will contain all my half finished and next to be done projects. They will be all together in front of me, so no excused for it hanging about any longer.
First in line must be to make fabric bodies for 3 porcelain dolls that I started making in 1991 yike* I have the heads, arms and bottom of legs so must make body and dress. I have made about 9 already that I have given away to all the girls of the family, which I hope they will keep.
Next I must sew up cushion covers that are cut out and ready to go and finish altering a couple of pairs of my trousers that I want to taper more.
I then want to make a fabric doorstop, a sewing aid in the shape of a dog and little bags in readiness for lavender etc.
My trouble is that I am not disciplined enough and always want to attempt something new. When I see some of your pics, I think I want to have a go but must now resist until all I have is out of the way. I have actually started today and will just plod on until done. )t'
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Re: What are you all doing?

Post by Mo »

That's a big box.
But not as big as my 'mending pile' which has overflowed all over my 'den' floor.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
tosca100
Lively Laner

Post by tosca100 »

I make cards which sell well here in Bulgaria as good quality cards are rare. Good hobby for when it is either too hot or too cold to do much else. OH does pet and wildlife paintings.
Because my memory is not brilliant......http://debrazzaman.blogspot.com/
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

I have just finished two crochet blankets to put in our recently acquired camper vans. I am always knitting in the car or on the train and make little bodywarmers for babies in the SCBU in a local hospital.

There are many more works in progress scattered around but I try not to think about them {rofwl}
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

These are my latest projects - one each for my grandchildren! Not quite finished yet, but probably my favourite blankets so far

Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

As usual Helen, very pretty and eye catching work. Since taking up crochet, you have come on with leaps and bounds. I can remember the first bits and bobs that you showed us and now blankets. You must be feeling so pleased with yourself. )t'
Dave
Legendary Laner

Post by Dave »

p.penn wrote:These are my latest projects - one each for my grandchildren! Not quite finished yet, but probably my favourite blankets so far

You must have 240 very tiny grandchildren :-D
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." -- Abraham Lincoln
julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

I haven't said much on this thread recently cos I've been working on a jumper in Rowan fine tweed for a while and it takes a lot of work - am now nearing the end so here's a couple of photos .... I've said it before but cant believe how much I enjoy doing fair isle knitting - absolutely love it. Love working with the finer wool too although obviously it takes a long longer to knit something. Knitted in the round from the bottom up.

I did a cabled jumper recently too and it's really nice but didn't enjoy making it much - cables make my brain hurt!

Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."
perchy

Post by perchy »

It is beautiful Julie, you are so very clever, )t'
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I just love your work Julie, so clever )app(

I wish I had the patience (and skill!) :oops:
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

That is an absolute work of art, amazing! You have great skill and great patience :-D
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Julie what beautiful knitting and especially it being fairisle, which must take a lot of concentration and patience. I really admire your skill.
I love the texture of the wool and love the mix of colours. What size needles or needle are you working on? It looks fairly fine and gives a nice finish, showing up the patterns really well.
julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

The plain bits are a 2.75 needle June and the fair isle section is a 3.25 - I presume because fair isle is a bit bulkier.. I love the tweedy wool too - it has such natural rich colours - it reminds me of a pre-raphaelite painting as the colours come together - really rich earthy tones. It's a bit like painting by numbers as the patterns emerge :-D
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."