BEES!

All free living creatures around our Homes & Gardens - enjoying helping them helping us
urbanchicks
Longlasting Laner

BEES!

Post by urbanchicks »

After reading much in the papers over the last few days re swarming bees,is anyone noticing more bees around the home and garden? I noticed yesterday morning that about 20-30 bees((i know not may) were flying around one side of the eaves at the front,never seen this before,they are still here today,managed to remove 6 from the house today, will this behaviour go on for long?

Maggie.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Re: BEES!

Post by Mo »

Are you sure they are bees?
Wasps like to nest under the eaves (looks like a grey paper football eventually). Or maybe they are some other sort of bee - bumble/mason?
I can't think honey bees would do that. If it was a swarm there are thousands, otherwise they are out on the flowers.

I expect you know the difference but it's a chance to revive this thread )de: {rofwl}
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
urbanchicks
Longlasting Laner

Post by urbanchicks »

Yes Mo they are bees they have a bright orange rump same as the ones in the house I have safely removed.Evidently if the queen has left or there is a virgin queen they leave and follow her.

Maggie
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

I think they'll be bumble bees then. I know some nest in holes in the ground but not always, apparently. There's some advice about rerouting the entrance if that's why they are coming inside.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire