Midder's Bok Boks

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Re: Midder's Bok Boks

Post by KarenE »

That is good news midders. Hope Mrs Kev Cakes has a good night. Now all you've got to do is figure out how to stop the silly girl from laying!
Low protein diet apparently, less sunlight (fun with summer coming on) or one of those implant thingys...
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper

HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

That's a relief. So pleased for you.
I think a glass or wine or a slice of cake or some other celebration are in order eh?
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

I think a )hic( )hic( AND >ck< are in order!
Karen
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Kuikentje
Longlasting Laner

Post by Kuikentje »

How is she today?
Life's too short to quarrel
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

So sorry you lost Batchick {hug} Come on Kev Cakes, no one else has a name like you >fi< >fi<
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Midders
Lively Laner

Post by Midders »

Mrs Kev Cakes update-
She is doing well!!!! Has been back to the vet for check up and is doing very nicely :)
She has even laid 2 eggs this week, both with shells on, one was rather large and a very funny shape but it didn't seem to bother her. The prolapse has stayed put- I think it would be hard pushed not too as her vent looks tightly sewn now! A very neat bottom she has! She is getting fed up with the medication now but I only 1 more day of it and then she can be left in peace.
I can't help but wonder whether, if I had been able to get to the avian vet with Batchick, that she might have stood a chance too? She was badly injured but these thoughts keep going thru my mind. My little girl is desperate for a new New New Batchick so I guess we will be off to get a couple more girls soon... apparently the other one is to be called Spiderman but we'll see.....
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Ohh fabulous news about Mrs Kev Cakes and amazing if she's laying big eggs with a prolapse and a sewn up bum!

Please try not to think like that about Batchick, you have no way of knowing whether getting her to the vet would have made a difference or not. In fact if the other girls had got to her already probably not {cry}

Hope Mrs Kev cakes carries on doing well, and when are you planning to pick up NN Batchick and Spiderman?
Karen
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

So glad to hear about Kev Cakes )t' Don't beat yourself up about Batchick, sometimes we just cannot get an avian vet, experienced this myself with my Betty its just sometimes it cant be helped.
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

Wow, laying? She's a trouper isn't she?

As Sandy and Karen say, don't be hard in yourself about Batchick. {hug} you did all you could.
Midders
Lively Laner

Post by Midders »

Thanks everyone, reassuring words. I am planning a trip to the poultry farm to get some fresh woodchips this week..... will probably come back with a couple of new chooks too :-D When I ask my kiddies if they would like a boiled egg, my 4 year old always says " yes, one from Darth Bin Lorry." My 2 year old used to say " yes from Batchick." She now says "yes... um, from Kev Cakes because Batchick died". I think we need a new Batchick so she can once again have Batchick eggs!
Midders
Lively Laner

Post by Midders »

A sad entry to my chicken keeping diary again today, Mrs Kevin Cakes is no more :( she laid an egg yesterday that made her prolapse again, got her straight to the chicken vet but he said they couldn't operate on her this time and so she was put to sleep :(
She was a beautiful, friendly little Marigold, one of my first ever girls and only just a year old. I've not had a lot of luck with my chickens these last few months. Vet assures me it is simply bad luck and I should not be disheartened.
So now my flock is down to 3. I have one egg in my fridge, the one that did for mrs cakes, I'm not sure I can bring myself to use it.
Fly high my pretty little lady. Xx
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Aw Midders it is so disheartening, I have lost 4 since April 15th. We are told arent we they are both sturdy and very delicate but when it happens that isn't a lot of comfort. Bless Kev Cakes {hug} why dont you give her egg to her sisters xxx

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Oh Midders, I'm so sorry to hear about Mrs Kev Cakes {hug} You are having a run of terrible luck, it I fry hard when that happens but as Sany said they are deceptively fragile. Sandy's suggestion for Mrs Cakes' egg is good; I also heard someone blows the eggs and decorates them as a little memorial.
Karen
Midders
Lively Laner

Post by Midders »

Now that is a good idea. I will blow the egg, give tit to the girls to eat and decorate the shell. Mrs Kev Cakes was my first ever egg! I was so thrilled to find this perfect little white eggie in the nest box that day. We poached the egg and split it 4 ways so we all got a mouthful. I have the shell still so it will be nice to keep her first and last eggs. She was a lovely girl. I am beginning to see how loosing chickens is all a part of keeping them and it somehow shows me just how much they should be cherished in the time we do have them :)
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Sorry you have lost Mrs Kev Cakes too {hug} its lovely idea about her eggs.

Our girls dont half pull on our heart strings dont they and by the way how did Mrs Kev Cakes get her name :-D Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx