Re: This is our new arrival.......Teddy

Post by Gwenoakes »

Thanks, Wendy. Will try the cardboard boxes and see how it goes. )t'
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Oh goodness, what an agile boy!
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

LOL, Jem that is one way to describe him.

Can honestly say I have NEVER had a dog do that and I have owned a fair few in my time. There is always a first, eh? LOL
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Gwen, we haven't had any photo's since February...
I think we all need another Teddy fix please )piicy(

{hug}
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Hi, Gem. Will post some more piccies, but wont be for a while. Youngest daughter who posts them for me is in her last week at Uni and up to her eyes in exams etc as are we with work, then she is away on holiday for a week, so will be after that.

There is a little video of him in the paddling pool so will see if she can upload that too.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

I am just starting my second day looking after Teddy on my own. He is obviously missing Clare, but so far has been eating OK.

Have had a big learning curve as to just how much energy he has, as Clare normally walks him, takes him out with her in the car and when she poo picks the fields, so all that energy is now transferred to me!

All I can say is the boomer ball is really coming into its own now........roll on Sat when Clare comes home. LOL
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Oof, good luck till then Gwen! I bet it's lovely having him even though it's exhausting )t'
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

It is lovely having him, but am worrying more about him because he is Clare's than I would one of my own. Think the Lexi episode is still with me too, if Clare lost Teddy I know it would destroy her, so sure thats where the most angst is coming from........but I am breathing deeply and trying not to panic too much. {rofwl} )t'
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Well, Clare is back tomorrow evening, but have to say Teddy is really missing her. He keeps sniffing her coat and waiting at the bottom of the stairs for her to come down, bless him.

He is however eating well, so not too upset me thinks. Of course the weather hasnt helped, rain, rain and more rain which has meant mud, mud and more mud brought into the kitchen even though I have a bath sheet down to take the worst and have dried him off more times than I care to count.

Apparently it has been raining in Paris too, so not just here, which is a pity because this is the first holiday Clare has had in 11 years, so was hoping for better for her.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Piccies of Teddy as requested by Gem........

He now weighs 35kg and measures 28" from floor to wither, so gaining weight and height as last height was 27" and he is only 8 months 1 week old!!
wendy

Post by wendy »

Oh what a beauty.
Cannot beat a GSD. Always had one in the mix {hug&kiss} {hug&kiss}
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Oh Gwen what a beauty he is! Glad all is going well - bet Clare is glad to be back with him and you can catch your breath again! {hug}
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Oh Gwen, he is SO handsome {hug} {hug}
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Gwen he is a stunner, I love his beautiful intelligent face and generous ears :-D
My sister had a black and tan GSD and now has a white one and my niece has 1 of each colour.
Her tan one Willow is a rescue dog who had been seruiously mistreated, and although well fed now she always looks a bit thin, but is active and enjoying her life now )t'
I think they get the meat from were Wendy mentioned in one of her posts.

I had a giggle when you mentioned his withers Gwen, its good to know your a horse person :-D Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Thanks for your lovely comments. {hug}

Apologies to Mad Chick as it was you who asked for the piccies........I got it wrong.........again. LOL

He is really growing into a lovely, well adjusted doggie. He takes everything in his stride after the initial bunny hop if something catches him unawares, loves his food and still on relatively short walks and especially loves balls and going in the car. He really adores Chloe our Grandaughter, just like Lexi did. It is lovely to watch that 'special' connection when they are together.

The coat he has on is one which can be soaked in cold water and will keep him cool on especially hot days or should I say days when it is hot and he will not keep out of the sun. Clare doesnt use it often, but it came into its own last week when it was really hot here. He has a blue mat which is the same which he sits on at training or when in the car on hot days.

The harness is the one I mentioned on Doms thread the other week, has a ring on the chest and the top so that you can 'steer' them and it does help if/when he pulls which he still does sometimes.

No more climbing on the work surface either, just plants his front feet up there now, so are 'encouraging' him not to do that. Work in progress I think you would call it. LOL

Forgot to say the last one is a very short video of him playing in the water.