BAFTA'S

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
julie62
Legendary Laner

BAFTA'S

Post by julie62 »

I've been invited to the BAFTA'S!!!! Very excited - probably the first and last time I'll ever get to go. It's ever so swanky will have to buy a frock. It's at the Drury Lane Theatre, and the meal is at the Grosvenor hotel (very posh). It's in a months time so will have to go frock shopping soon. I'll be star spotting all night! Think we'll be sat right at the back and be one of the awards that they do as a voiceover at the end but still lovely to be asked :-D
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."
Aspasia
Lively Laner

Re: BAFTA'S

Post by Aspasia »

Oh wow! How exciting for you! I hope you have a great time. :-D
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

How exciting! Look forward to an update after the event, >fi< for the award
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

What category Julie?

A fabulous opportunity to do something really special.

Live it !!

Richard )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

It's the news catagory for North West Tonight - a programme on the Dale Cregan trial. We're up against Ch 4 news, ITN news and Granada so we're not holding our breath, but lovely to be nominated.
Julie

julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

Frock bought, bag bought, shoes bought, new make up, contact lenses, spanx {rofwl} , haircut, new nails - this is an expensive outing for a jeans and t-shirt girl!! It's on Sunday - quite nervous now , dreading walking down the red carpet - I know no-one will be looking at me but still nervous. Note to self - dont get drunk beforehand - dont want to trip over my ridiculous long dress on the red carpet. If I get to take any photos promise I will post some - not sure how strict they will be about taking piccies.
Julie

Richard

Post by Richard »

Think you've covered pretty much the whole of your body there Julie - definitely got to have a photo or three for us :-D

I see it's on BBC1 this coming Sunday, we'll all be rooting for you.

Good for you though, what a fabulous event to go to.

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Have a fabulous time!
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Richard

Post by Richard »

Don't forget to keep fingers crossed for Julie's TV Programme tonight )t' )t'
julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

Well we didn't win but it was fantastic - how the other half live!

I shall now bore you with a load of pictures .....

The red carpet when we arrived it was so busy - like herding goldfish ... this was at the Drury Lane theatre where the actual ceremony was held.

All blinged up for the occasion - the shawl was 5.99 on ebay, necklace from Salford market for a fiver and dress from TK Max!

The lovely people I work with - the news editor Michelle and Roger and Annabel our lovely presenters.

Everyone taking their places before the start. Started at approx 645pm I think - this is so they can edit it down as it's transmitted - didn't finish till 1045pm - we were starving.

Cilla getting her lifetime achievement award on stage with Graham Norton and Paul O'Grady

Not a very good picture (I'd manage to turn the flash off at this point) but this is where the meal was later at the Grosvenor House Hotel - the room was amazing.

Julie Hesmonhough (sorry for spelling) Hayley from Corrie. She was really lovely. She ran the 10k in Manchester at 1230 and then got the train down to London still in her running gear!

By this time I was four sheets to the wind so borrowed someone else's BAFTA for a photo {rofwl}

And I've saved the best till last .... anyone watch Breaking Bad???? Oh yes result! {rofwl} {rofwl}

It was great ... think we got back to the hotel at about 4ish but cant really remember. Glad I wasnt working the rest of the day.
Julie

Richard

Post by Richard »

Oh wow Julie, what an occasion for you - love the frugality, you look really great.

I noticed you hadn't won at the end, but if you think of all the hundreds of possible nominations and you were right there in with a chance + the 'big gun' competition you had, very well done indeed.

Something for the scrapbook and a memory forever I'm sure.

Hope to see you again next year :-D :-D

Richard
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Wow Julie you look smashing it just show you can look great and not spent stupid amounts like some do, I love the colour of your dress :-D

You look asif you had a great time and thankyou for sharing your photos {hug} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Amazing experience for you, hun, and wonderful piccies.

You look so happy and look like you had a wonderful evening )t'
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Just spotted this, what a wonderful outing for you, you certainly look ultra glam )t'
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/