Found any good freebies lately?

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Found any good freebies lately?

Post by Richard »

as in Skips or just laying on the side of a road.

(legally of course)

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
bmpsands
Legendary Laner

Re: Found any good freebies lately?

Post by bmpsands »

A fly tipped tyre (which actually I'm going back for when I go to pick my friend up before our night shift) which will be a good base for a dust bath. I know that the hens make their own, but at least I'll have tried.

Enough pieces of roofing slat for OH to make an outer extension for the hen run with the aid of some wire left over from the expensive newbuild Walk-in-Run. This was courtesy of the chap renovating an old cottage across the lane.

Found a dead looking clump of raspberry canes in the supermarket car park. Obviously someone had neglected to get them all the way into the car a couple of days previously. The trolley recovery guy just said to put them in my car - so I did. I think they have taken.

All this in the last couple of months, in addition to the supplementary "greens" provided by the verges. I get enough dandelion leaves from the bits away from the road to keep my hens happy every day on the early morning walk.
Bea; 19 hens (most of whom I intended to get); 6 bantams (which I never intended to have); old Benji dog and young Toby dog (who I definitely wanted). Three years into country living and loving it.