Completely smitten!

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Re: Completely smitten!

Post by jemberelli »

Lollie had her first post-op check-up yesterday. The vet was really pleased with her progress and everyone was amazed at the way she bounded into the surgery, greeting everyone and showing no sign of having had an op! No wonder I am exhausted doing nothing but keeping an eye on her all day! I showed the receptionist the photo of what was taken out of Lollie and she couldn't believe it - she showed the other girls and they all said they had heard about it already! Famous for the wrong reasons Lollie!!

(Glasses for scale!)
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Sara

Post by Sara »

Blimey Jem!

Glad shes ok now {hug} I bet she loves being famous {rofwl}
[center]Happy to have shown Titchy Clucker a little corner of France[/center]

Sara XxX
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

She certainky does Sara! She is such a diva +f+

She is getting very ratty at the moment when she doesn't get her own way - I think she is getting cabin fever. Poor thing is itching to get out into the field for a proper play and run around. We are back at the vets tomorrow so I am hoping they will be happy with her progress and let her have some freedom. Her stitches are looking great, the wound has healed beautifully and there has been no licking so >fi<
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Blummin eck, Jem. That is quite a collection, lets hope she doesnt carry on. I suppose you have given her a stern talking to not to do it again. {warn}

Glad to hear she is doing well and will keep everything crossed for tomorrow for the all clear to have a good run round. {hug}
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Well, all fine yesterday. The vet was delighted with her wound and how well it has healed so we can up her exercise a bit. When we got home we let her out of the car, I put my wellies on and ran onto the field and she couldn't quite believe her luck! She galloped after me and just belted round and round for about 5 mins, had a good sniff then went inside and collapsed into a deep sleep! Think we'll restrict it to once a day for now and build back up to where we were before. The next lot of training classes start next Wednesday - my training clicker will be on a ribbon round my neck!

wendy

Post by wendy »

My goodness it is amazing what they eat isn't it.
Lets hope that the naughty eating of 'things' is behind you all now.
{hug}
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Certainly looks healthy enough in those pics !!

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Really good news now, Jem. Onwards and upwards. )t'
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

For a pup who hates getting her feet wet, she certainly loves the hosepipe {rofwl}

Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Gosh Jem shes really growing up and looking at those lovely pictures you wouldnt think that she had recently had a big opperation.
So glad shes recoverd so well shes a beauty {hug} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Thanks Linda, she has recovered remarkably well, thank goodness! She was 7 months old this week, time is flying by so quickly!
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Latest Lollie update:!

She has been digging holes in the lawn and getting more stones so we decided to provide her with her very own digging pit! Hubby worked hard to get it sorted and we buried some treats and toys in there - what a success it has been!

Unfortunately she threw up a couple of times yesterday morning and we had taken some stones off her prior to having the pit so we weren't sure whether she had swallowed any...cue phone call to the vet! We took her in yesterday and she was given an anti-nausea jab and sent home until this morning. She did retch a bit this morning, despite no food so when we went back they kept her in for x-rays.

So, we have had a worrying morning but they rang at lunch time to say all is well and we picked up a very woozy, sleepy puppy at 2.30 this afternoon. >fi< we get no more of this - it isn't doing my nerves any good at all! We spent the time she was at the vets buying me some more glasses as she had run off with mine and bent them - she is costing us a fortune! So so so so glad she is back home with us, I would have been distraught if they had had to cut her open again {cry}
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

A while ago I bought a paddling pool for Lollie in the hope that it would a) get her used to getting her feet wet b) cool her down & be a bit of fun and c) maybe encourage her to drink more as she often forgets and we have to remind her or give her ice cubes!

As you can see, it started off well then went down hill from there!

She was definitely on form yesterday, I stupidly left my mobile on the lamp table next to the settee! New case is on order }hairout{

wendy

Post by wendy »

Yes things made for kiddies often aren't strong enough for the dogs. Those big oyster shell things seems to last well.
Like babies, everything goes in their mouths :? Have to put things away.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I hope you don't mind if I come in with a story I heard. Last week a family down the road was looking after a relatives young dog for the day. They were warned that it sometimes chews things. They went out for the day leaving it in the house with their own dog. When they came back they found the young dog dead. It had eaten a large chunk out of the settee and had choked to death. They shouldn't have gone out and left it, or it should have been in a cage where it couldn't chew anything. Poor dog. A horrific story but true.

Please be careful. My friend has a labrador and it loved to chew when it was young. I looked after it in it's own home for a week while they went on holiday. I dared not take my eyes off it for one minute, so I know what hard work they are.
Ilona