A&E again

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
albertajune
Legendary Laner

A&E again

Post by albertajune »

It is 10mths since I last had to go to A&E with an atrial fibrillation episode but yesterday made up for it. I spent best part of the day with a drip to get my heart back to something like normal when it was jumping about at the rate of 138 beats a minute and the hospital still has no idea what starts it off. Blood all came as normal, so nothing there. My heart is healthy, something just sets the electrical bit to go haywire.

After 11hrs my heart started to beat normally, although when I left hospital, my pulse was still up to 100, 54 being normal for me. I was a bit concerned about being discharged, but was assured that the doctor was happy about me going home and that if it started up again, I could go back.

At 7pm last evening, 15 hrs after it had started, my heart flipped about very quickly and reverted back to a pulse of 54. I must say, I still find it very worrying when it is happening and feel quite unwell.

When I go back to see the consultant, I am going to ask about having a device fitted under the skin that jolts back to normal rhythm. He did mention it on my last visit to him but did say that it isn't always successful in older people. My pills don't stop it happening or slow it down. I suppose I am lucky that I don't have daily palpitations, but I sure make up for it when an episode starts.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Re: A&E again

Post by Linda S »

Even when the docs say everthing is fine I think most of us worry specially concerning our hearts I hope you feel better now June {hug} {hug} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Sorry you had such a scare {hug} What a shame you can't identify a catalyst for it - that would certainly sound the easiest solution.

Hope you get something sorted anyway as it sounds very frightening {hug}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

Best wishes June - it must be very very frightening. Fingers crossed you find a solution.
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."
Sara

Post by Sara »

Hope you feel better soon June {hug}

I wonder if like Hele says, there is a catalyst for it, some sort of a trigger ? It must be very scarey {hug}

Take care x {hug}
[center]Happy to have shown Titchy Clucker a little corner of France[/center]

Sara XxX
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Hoping you are on the up June.

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Very scary indeed. I have an ectopic heartbeat and when I am poorly with a virus for instance it makes my heartbeat go haywire, I've ended up in A&E but they do seem to be a tad dismissive of these things that are very frightening for us.

I hope the consultant will find a way to sort it out so it won't be so bad again..... {hug}
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

kate egg wrote:Very scary indeed. I have an ectopic heartbeat

{hug} to you too.
I thought ectopic was pregnancy????
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

{rofwl} blooming hope not!

I think ectopic means something like 'in the wrong place' with an ectopic heartbeat you get an extra beat at the wrong time, out of rhythm. It feels like a little thump in your chest, or if there is a series of them it is like a fluttering feeling. Your heart deals with it and gets back in line. Most of the time I don't notice it, but when I am poorly, too much caffeine or alcohol etc. can give it some gip!
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Ah, I see.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire